YouTube Commenting Problem (Newest Version) 11/6/13 on HTC One

EPownes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
So on my HTC One.. I have been having this problem since last night. When I went to go leave a comment on a video, I got this message: "To complete this action, first update your YouTube channel. This will open your browser and you may need to sign in."

It then gives you the options: not now, or update. So I click update and it opens my browser, it brings me to a YouTube related page, and then it says this: "This page isn't available. Sorry about that. Try searching for something else."

So basically I cannot update whatever it's asking me to update because it brings me to a non-existent page.

I have tried using an older version of YouTube and this fixes the commenting problem on my main account and the comment box pops right up, so it has to be some sort of glitch with this newest version on the HTC One specifically.

I have also tried things such as restarting phone, clearing data, clearing cache, logging in and out of my main account, etc. to no avail.

I have not had this problem with the newest version of YouTube before last night and I've had it for quite some time now. I do not want to use the older version of YouTube either just to be able to comment.

Also, on the newest version with a different account I do not have this problem. I cannot figure out why I am having this problem with my main account. I have tried commenting on other devices such as my iPad and Samsung Tablet with no problems.

Has anyone else experienced this specifically on their HTC One? Because this is the only device I'm having this problem on with the newest version of YouTube as of 11/6/13 and I'm on Android 4.3.

This is quite an annoying problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol