HTC one seems slow and moderatly retarded....

phantommaggot

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
So
I fought US cellular for a couple months and finally left them behind and switched to ATT.
I was torn between the moto x and the htc one. I got the one because it has better specs/price (on paper at least).
I've had my one for a couple days now and have been trying to get all my favorite stuff up and running.
Blinkfeed is ******* retarded.. Just saying..

I've been attempting to set it up like I had my electrify m.

Go launcher
Go locker
light grid pro live WP
Nothing special

Light grid runs slow as hell, choppy
go launcher screen transitions are choppy
No matter what settings I change I can't seem to disable the factory locker to let go locker take over.

All of which works perfectly on my electrify m

Also, I just finished the upgrade to 4.3, which was a terrible pain in the ***, so there's that too.

Is something wrong with my phone?
Is sense still running in the background when I switch to go launcher?
I can't find sense anywhere to disable it...
I don't really want to root a brand new phone.

What do you guys think?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like maybe there's some stuff running in the background, Google services? It may be doing new phone stuff, and would speed up after about a week. On the other hand you may have gotten a lemon.

But look in the phone settings under battery and under data, and see what's going on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

phantommaggot

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Right after the 4.3 update I disabled everything I thought I could. Mostly the att stuff, and other random programs that ran but I didn't use.
There is hardly anything running.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Right after the 4.3 update I disabled everything I thought I could. Mostly the att stuff, and other random programs that ran but I didn't use.
There is hardly anything running.

That's very likely the problem. Put it back the way it was before and I think it will perform much better. :) Post back with results.

phantommaggot

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
It would run better with all the useless att crap running in the background?
I disabled all that stuff because of the issues, hoping it would help, which it did a little.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It would run better with all the useless att crap running in the background?
I disabled all that stuff because of the issues, hoping it would help, which it did a little.

But it's unfortunately tied in with the operating system. So when you disable stuff it's sort of like if you were to glue one of your fingers to another one, it would make it harder to do things.

phantommaggot

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
All I've disabled.

ATT programs
-myAT&T
-code scanner
-drive mode
-family map
-locker
-ready2go
-smart wifi

wildtangent games

twitter

Hangouts

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
All I've disabled.

ATT programs
-myAT&T
-code scanner
-drive mode
-family map
-locker
-ready2go
-smart wifi

wildtangent games

twitter

Hangouts

Right. The preinstalled stuff is going to be tied in with the OS.

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I have all that you have disabled and then some. My phone is fluid and runs great. It's possible you need a factory reset or maybe to exchange the phone? I hope that helps.

Posted via Android Central App

phantommaggot

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I have all that you have disabled and then some. My phone is fluid and runs great. It's possible you need a factory reset or maybe to exchange the phone? I hope that helps.

I may go swap it. They have the black phones back in stock and I wanted black to begin with.

At this point I'm seriously considering swapping it for a moto-x

I love the speakers, the camera app, and the IR blaster. But my Motorola had a lot going for it that I can't figure out hot to get working on the HTC.

I'd love to get the black background for my contacts, text messages and other menus. And why don't I have the alphabetical blocks in my contacts that every other modern android phone seems to have? I assume its sense..

If I rooted and went with the bare android (google play style) operating system. Could I change the menus to the black/grey/blue text like the motorolas?
Can I use the Bluetooth app sender to send some of the HTC apps to the standard android system? Like the tv app, and the HTC camera app.
If I decided to root, could I use my USCC sim to root it? Also, do I have to pay to unlock it?

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a Moto X as an upgrade and returned it. I will hold out for the next HTC phone. I understand how important it is to love a phone, so definitely find what works.
I know nothing about rooting. There are many on here that could probably help. I hope you find all your answers!

Posted via Android Central App

phantommaggot

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I went and got the moto x
Come to find out a few of the things i really dislike are being caused by ATT Apps not the phone its self. Mainly the messenger/contacts apps.
Which I now need to head to the moto x forum and figure out how to get rid of.

Thanks though guys.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463