Help with wipe cache partition

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I tried to find this info specifically for the AT&T HTC One but could not. I have only did this once with a HTC rep on another phone. Is it pretty simple and is there step by steps somewhere listed?
Thanks so much!

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if that's possible if you're unrooted, with the stock ROM. I've never been able to find a partition cache wipe procedure for any version of the One.

RebeccaCool

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Go into power settings and turn off fastboot then power off phone. Boot into recovery by holding volume-down key and then holding power key until boot menu appears. Volume down to RECOVERY and tap power to select. HTC logo appears followed by a blank, dim screen. Now, tap all three together: power, volume up and down, and release immediately. You may have to repeat this until you get the timing just right. Black screen appears and sd card error message scrolls. After about ten seconds, recovery menu appears (all in very small font). Volume-down to "wipe cache partition" at bottom of list and tap power key. Cache gets cleared. Then select "reboot system now" by tapping power key again. Done!

Sent from my AT&T HTC One

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go into power settings and turn off fastboot then power off phone. Boot into recovery by holding volume-down key and then holding power key until boot menu appears. Volume down to RECOVERY and tap power to select. HTC logo appears followed by a blank, dim screen. Now, tap all three together: power, volume up and down, and release immediately. You may have to repeat this until you get the timing just right. Black screen appears and sd card error message scrolls. After about ten seconds, recovery menu appears (all in very small font). Volume-down to "wipe cache partition" at bottom of list and tap power key. Cache gets cleared. Then select "reboot system now" by tapping power key again. Done!

Great! Is that with a purely stock HTC One, with no rooting and no modification? If so, this should be posted in the HTC One forums as a sticky.

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Mine is purely stock AT&T HTC one with no modifications. This will be the second time I've did this on my phone.

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

Instead of tapping all three after getting to the screen, it's hold volume up and tap power for the AT&T HTC one. I called HTC after this method listed would not work and had them to tell me the steps. I just tried it and worked perfectly.
Thanks for all the responses.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1