My HTC is stuck on old OS

fyrbry

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I am at Jelly Bean 4.1.2 and have an ATT HTC One 64 Gb and whenever I check for updates it states that none are avail?

What can i try to force it other than root it?

thank you for your anticipated assistance with this issue,

Bryan

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm yeah unlocking the bootloader and using a RUU package to update it to 4.3/4.4 would be the only way if its not updating on its own.

You may want to take it into a local AT&T store and see if they can help push/force an update. Be honest, tell them you SHOULDN'T have to resort to rooting... Your currently a few updates behind at 4.1.2

RebeccaCool

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to root, the RUU is available on HTCs US website. It will however erase everything on your phone. If you don't mind do it that way or go to AT&T Store.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One

fyrbry

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your responses, does anyone know if there is a bug or a known problem with the 64Gb Ones that dont see and therefore download updates? I will try to stop by the ATT store and see if they have a clue, I would rather not wipe the phone and start over unless i have too....Would rooting the phone cause all to be lost anyway or is that the next best thing to OTA Updates?

RebeccaCool

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure about rooting, but I do have the 64gb AT&T One and I've had no issues with it or the updates.

fyrbry

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I went to ATT over lunch and was told that i had to visit a device repair center, not just store, RebeccaCool, since you have the same phone, what should i be at, if I am only at 4.1.2?
I only have had my phone for a month.....

RebeccaCool

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Although you might want to try the HTC update and see if it works. If you send it out for repair, their going to reset it anyway. Maybe it's just a glitch and resetting it might fix it.

npradeepkumar

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a 32 GB phone and I had the same problem till last week. I finally called AT&T support. I had to talk to a supervisor as the customer service rep did not know much about the Android versions. The supervisor tried to force an update on my phone, which failed 3 times. Finally he tried again once I was connected to Wi-Fi. It then worked. It is worth giving a try before erasing everything on the phone to update it.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. My HTC One still has the original software 4.1 and has missed two updates. It checks every time I boot it for an update and tells me there isn't one available. Manually checking gives the same results. I can tell you that doing a factory reset will not help this issue. I had to do a complete reset to fix a battery drain problem that popped up. The reset didn't change anything with respect to my being able to get an update.

I have read that if you reset/clear cache and data for Google Frameworks updates will show up. But doing this can cause other apps like Google Calendar to misbehave for a couple of days. So resetting Frameworks should be done at your own risk. Personally, I don't care about getting the update. I don't like the new menu scheme and Android 4.4.2 is a battery drainer. It's on two other devices in my household and the upgrade caused a significant diminishment of battery life.

valdezpa09

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
When coming from GE I ran into the same issue. I accidentally flashed the 4.1 and it got stuck there. I just downloaded the right ruu and the ota update and it went just fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan