HTC One: Anybody in Florida near Orlando or Daytona Beach received KitKat yet?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
No kitkat in Florida for me yet!

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anybody in Florida near Orlando or Daytona Beach received Kitkat yet?

Rollouts of system updates aren't geographic, so it won't help asking your neighbors!:-\

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Rollouts of system updates aren't geographic, so it won't help asking your neighbors!:-\

I know but thought I'd ask. Last update for 4.3 everyone in Florida got it, but me. I called AT&T technical support and they had no idea why I did not get it. They couldn't push it to my phone either. I waited another 2 weeks after the release and nothing. I had to eventually download it from HTC. COM/USA and install it through htc sync manager. I backed up everything, but still had too reset my whole phone. Hope this does not happen again. That's why I asked.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Oh I see. Just wanted to make sure you knew about how updates roll out. I wonder why your phone had the glitch last time?

Acleveland31

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

I know but thought I'd ask. Last update for 4.3 everyone in Florida got it, but me. I called AT&T technical support and they had no idea why I did not get it. They couldn't push it to my phone either. I waited another 2 weeks after the release and nothing. I had to eventually download it from HTC. COM/USA and install it through htc sync manager. I backed up everything, but still had too reset my whole phone. Hope this does not happen again. That's why I asked.

I had the exact same problem, in Clearwater FL. I have since moved to Texas, and I know location has nothing to do with it. I think we just have defective phones

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Oh I see. Just wanted to make sure you knew about how updates roll out. I wonder why your phone had the glitch last time?

It's cool! I will wait and see again...

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I had the exact same problem, in Clearwater FL. I have since moved to Texas, and I know location has nothing to do with it. I think we just have defective phones

I wouldn't necessarily say defective phones, since mine works flawlessly. I just think maybe it's something on AT&T end that they can't figure out. I'll give it a week and see. I always thought because this was a replacement phone that this was the issue. I even called them and let them know of my new IMEI number..

MNR

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I have the same issues. I'm in Boston and I have all the time to do the update manually and erase my phone content. Otherwise my phone is working great, I just don't get why it never receives the updates.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

For some reason I think I'm going to run into the same issue as last time and do it manually. If I keep advancing the months and days could that mess anything up. I since put it back to automatically time zone and checked for updates. I guess I'll wait another 48hours.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Still nada!

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Is there a way to update manually ?

I did it from htc/us site when I never got updated to 4.3. But now they changed their site. You have to use htc sync manager also. Not available yet. Plus doing it this way wipes your phone clean like a factory reset..

choo69

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I got it in Jacksonville just go to settings software update and begin.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I got it in Jacksonville just go to settings software update and begin.

Nothing for me. I'm in Palm Coast. Says check in 48 hours. I moved the time up 3 days. Still nothing..

speedtrip

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

I just updated again , I had a replacement phone delivered today ( blown speakers) and I no sooner started transferring everything it popped up new update .
So twice

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12