Trouble Syncing Phone with HTC Sync Manager

eemilee

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey there!

Today was the first time I connected my phone to the computer after updating to Kitkat. I have no idea what option I should be selecting so that my phone will connect/sync with HTC sync manager. Before the update, as you all know, there's a prompt telling you to turn on USB debugging. I no longer get a prompt after the update... There's a "USB connected" icon and a "USB debugging connected" icon that appears, and I've looked through the options for each one... But nothing really jumps out at me that I should be checking so that the phone will sync. Does anyone know anything about this?

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
The last time I saw this, I thought it would show you a, "tap to change connection type" option. Let me try my phone and I'll get back to you when I see the option.

So I see what your talking about. I looks like mine automatically connect it as an MTP connection, and I also can begin connecting my HTC Sync manager, etc. I'll see if I can post a screenshot for you.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

eemilee

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
After reading your post, I tried connecting my phone again, and it connected with HTC sync manager! I kept trying to disconnect and reconnect last night when HTC sync was already open, so I guess the phone doesn't sync if HTC Sync manager is already open... which is kinda lame lol. It'll sync when HTC Sync manager opens upon detecting the phone being connected to the computer. lol anyway, problem solved I guess. Thanks for replying and for your help! :D

Theresa Pinero

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
i was having the same issues. But my HTC Sync manager wouldn't come up and kept saying my device wouldn't connect. I put it on the usb and left it for 10 min (after unplugged it closing everything out quitting it and replugging it back in) it finally let me sync!!!!! Yay thanks ashtonvibe!

btfbreez

May 19, 2014
Visit site
hi all, this is my first time ever replying to any forum. I have verizon htc dna. once the kitkat update was forced to happen on my cell, I feared complications with sync manager as updates have caused that before. my old sync manager version was 2.4.11.0. when I went to sync, my computer would not recognize my cell device. though Im fairly tech savvy, I couldnt figure it out or ran out of patience ... ended up uninstalling sync manager & driver & reinstalling current version 3.0.52.0. Im still having the same problem and now am caught in a serious issue not being able to sync my cell with outlook - - i need the calendar data ! any ideas? thank you

timmyleeturner

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I was offered this screen also, but nothing worked. HTC Sync opened up and did nothing and kept me from accessing my files in Windows Explorer. Once I uninstalled HTC Sync, I was able to access and exchange files from one device to another through Windows Explorer with no problem.

prolecs

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I have never had much success with HTC Sync on two computers. It is just not reliable. One w7 it on't load automatically and if manually started, can't see the phone. The other computer w8, it starts automatically and sysncs but not every time. Better withthe MTP connecion that generally appears to work.
Won't buy another HTC if this is the best they can do.

Alan Peabody

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
HTC Sync kind of worked until the latest updates to my HTC One. It would recognise the phone if I kept unplugging the USB lead. I am using Windows 7. I now get a message telling me that I don't have the latest version, which is tedious as well as wrong, it's the updates that are causing this, I think. The message appears on the phone not the PC.

If the phone is plugged in without HTC Sync running and HTC Sync is started manually then about 1 time in 3 it recognises the phone and does a sync. About 30 seconds later it drops the phone. If you stop HTC synch with Task Manager and start it again, it will sometimes work. This is not a good product, making me wonder about HTC. All I want to do is sync Contacts and Calendar.

Bob Heathcote

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Coming from Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 (which I loved) I am now giving a HTC One a spin for a second time (first had bad camera and they replaced it but I bought a N5 while waiting for it to be shipped to me).

So I have a brand new HTC One phone and it downloaded all the updates and seems fine.

My question: What are valuable features to you of the HTC Sync Manager? Can you actually do a full image backup or similar? I pretty much use it for only Google services which are already in Sync so not sure the real value as used by actual device owners of the app on my PC.

Thanks

dougsorensen

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
One stupid tip for anyone dealing with this issue: your phone needs to be unlocked for HTC sync manager to make a connection. This is not unlocked as in carrier unlocking. Just unlocked as in entering your pass code.

Jony 3435

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey. If you find problems while trying to use HTC Sync Manager, maybe you can use other Phone Manager. I discovered that there were many useful and easy phone manage tools on the web. Go to search for it.

Lobao

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
:mad: Hi all, I have this issue, cant connect to htc sync with my brand new phone...... Tried lots of things..
Then I just connected the phone with ANOTHER USB CABLE.. :eek: Worked fine, so my problem was the original USB cable..
Try this fix yourself ! Good luck...

Hazel Shaughnessy

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
hi haven problems when i connect my phone to my laptop connect my h&c one m8 to sync manager and its keeps saying loading and then stops and says unable to connect device

Nigel Cornwall

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue. I fixed it today but going into the phone setting and then to the HTC sync manager app and clicking uninstall updates. Now it is syncing on both my PC and my macs. I even unchecked usb debugging on the phone setting (HTC had me click on it during troubleshooting). My firewall and antivirus are all running also I didn't disable them.

GeorgieDodd

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

Did you happen to solve your problem? Mine is the same and I still cannot figure it out, it still tells me unable to connect device.

Thanks!

Georgie

Yagnaguru

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm.., try this.., settings -> developer options - > uncheck usb debugging ( debug mode when usb is connected ).
And check now if htc sync manager works !!

Reginald Banks

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Howdy y'all, I have a solution. Sometimes the driver isn't picked up by your OS. In order to fix it, go to your Control Panel > Device Manager. Locate your android device, right-click and "Update Driver". Once there, "browse your computer for driver software" > "Let me pick a list of device drivers from my computer" > Have Disk > browse for HTC folder in your Program Files 86 and look for your driver > click next. Give your HTC sync manager a few seconds to catch up.

:cool: swag. (sry bad habit)

Took me a while to figure it out but I guess years of IT/CS training wasn't for not :-$

dichamara

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the latest version of Sync Manager loaded on my Windows 7 PC. When I connect my HTC One with the USB cable, my PC sees the HTC One as a connected Portable Device and pops up the AutoPlay window with options of what to do with the device. However, the HTC Sync Mgr window says there is no phone connected. Notifications in the phone says that USB is connected and the USB debugging is connected.

What do I need to do to get Sync Manager to see the phone and to sync my Outlook Calendar and Contacts? Help would be most appreciated. TIA!
Hey there!

Today was the first time I connected my phone to the computer after updating to Kitkat. I have no idea what option I should be selecting so that my phone will connect/sync with HTC sync manager. Before the update, as you all know, there's a prompt telling you to turn on USB debugging. I no longer get a prompt after the update... There's a "USB connected" icon and a "USB debugging connected" icon that appears, and I've looked through the options for each one... But nothing really jumps out at me that I should be checking so that the phone will sync. Does anyone know anything about this?

TonyVov

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have switched to using the software GO Contact Sync Mod - SourceForge that pushes outlook contacts and calendar to Google which then automatically synced to phone. Initial setup can be painful as old contact lists are often full of duplicates but once everything is clean it works like a charm.

Posted via Android Central App