AT&T HTC One: WiFi Driving me nuts!

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
How do I keep WiFi from turning on all the time? Whenever there is a signal, it just turns on automatically. The problem with that is when a log-on is required, most of my apps don't work because they say there is no data connection (even when I have a strong LTE connection). Pretty much whenever I want to update the data on most apps, I have to turn the WiFi off first (if I am not actually getting data over WiFi because a log-in is required first). This is driving me nuts! How do I stop this thing from coming on all the time!

Last edited by a moderator:

RebeccaCool

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: WiFi Driving me nuts!

Go to settings click on wifi then click on the 3 dots and see if the proper boxes are checked or not. The other programs that control wifi are battery savers and clean up programs, you'll need to check those also if you have them. That's all I can think of.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One

GoldenWarr

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
It might be the AT&T Smart Wi-Fi app. Try disabling it and see if the WiFi still acts weird.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: WiFi Driving me nuts!

Go to settings click on wifi then click on the 3 dots and see if the proper boxes are checked or not. The other programs that control wifi are battery savers and clean up programs, you'll need to check those also if you have them. That's all I can think of.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One

Thanks for the help. The first two boxes under Advanced were checked. I unchecked them, and I will see if this prevents the WIFI from turning on. So far so good! I have no clean up programs.

- - - Updated - - -

It might be the AT&T Smart Wi-Fi app. Try disabling it and see if the WiFi still acts weird.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

I had already done that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463