Help! My HTC one won't update OTA since relocking bootloader!

johnwdel

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone! I'm new here, and forgive me if this is a repost, but I had rooted my HTC one M7 to Cyanogenmod using the CM installer and loved it but I'm wanting to go ahead and get it back to stock to get Sense 6 when HTC puts out their official ROM. Anyway, I ran through fastboot and relocked the bootloader which it shows and I flashed using HTC's RUU file. I'm on version 4.3 with 5.0 currently and am trying to update to 4.4.2 with sense 5.5 but everytime I go to settings then AT&T Software update it says the system is up to date. I've tried clearing the services framework and I still can't get it to update. I've even tried putting the OTA file and pushing it in through the recovery and it just says invalid action. I'm not sure where else to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone! I'm new here, and forgive me if this is a repost, but I had rooted my HTC one M7 to Cyanogenmod using the CM installer and loved it but I'm wanting to go ahead and get it back to stock to get Sense 6 when HTC puts out their official ROM. Anyway, I ran through fastboot and relocked the bootloader which it shows and I flashed using HTC's RUU file. I'm on version 4.3 with 5.0 currently and am trying to update to 4.4.2 with sense 5.5 but everytime I go to settings then AT&T Software update it says the system is up to date. I've tried clearing the services framework and I still can't get it to update. I've even tried putting the OTA file and pushing it in through the recovery and it just says invalid action. I'm not sure where else to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry, I am not very proficient with HTC devices, but I can try to flag down some people who are.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Hello. I was called down here :) So are you stock or do you have a custom recovery?

Wizzrah | AT&T HTC One XL | Tapatalk

johnwdel

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I was returning to stock from Cyanogenmod to try out sense 6.0 when it comes soon. Any direction to go with Rooting/modding for that?

SteveC333

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I too am having this problem, my boot loader says relocked. I used RUU to get back to 4.1.2, and my phone refuses to update to 4.4.

History:
When I first got my phone I was on Android 4.2 with HTC sense, then I rooted and unlocked my boot loader and put android GPE 4.3. I decided that I wanted to got back to stock so I relocked my bootloder and used RUU which got me back to 4.1.2 and my phone refuses to upgrade. Im going to give it a week to upgrade before I I just convert it to a full GPE HTC One.

johnwdel

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I did some tinkering. There's really two options. Run the RUU again and again until it works. the third time my phone ended up allowing the update and getting me to 4.4...the second option was some advice that was already given. Right now I'm using a great custom Rom from viper it's version 6.1.0 it's 4.4.2 with sense 6 thus far it's excellent haven't gotten to test a few things but it's got some great features.

SteveC333

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice RUU is very buggy for me, sometimes it will run sometimes i get an error saying that my battery is too low. I think I'm just going to reroot and unlock my boot loader and go through the process of converting my phone to a GPE HTC one.

Edit: So all you did was run RUU until what happened?

johnwdel

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I just ran it again and when it installed successfully and I had the stock HTC rom running properly I just tried the update again with the SIM in it and it took about 5 mins to look for the update but it said update found and started downloading.

I also noticed you're running an RUU to go to 4.1.2 the RUU I was running put me on 4.3. So I know you can at least get there.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice RUU is very buggy for me, sometimes it will run sometimes i get an error saying that my battery is too low. I think I'm just going to reroot and unlock my boot loader and go through the process of converting my phone to a GPE HTC one.

Edit: So all you did was run RUU until what happened?

If you get the RUU on your PC, and run it on your computer, you should be fine.

Wizzrah | AT&T HTC One XL | Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2