Hjortron

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
My AT&T HTC One (m7) is lagging like CRAZY lately! Pregnant pauses, up to a full minute sometimes! I'm running 4.4.2, with a reasonable amount of free space on the device (5GB). Is this that classic "Android Lag", that occurs after you've had your phone for a while (I thought those days were supposedly finished)? I've only had this one since September. Is anyone else having this problem? Anyone got any quick fixes or suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
First have you done the usual like checking apps that maybe causing issues, factory reset if necessary?

I know the dreaded factory reset but I'm a firm believer in the fact that eventually all phones no matter how well we maintain them need to have their palette cleared every now and then.

twin100

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The tweaks are available within the settings of all recent Android phones in a section called “Developer options.”

This section might be hidden on some phones, but it’s very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if it’s currently hidden (for example, search “enable developer options HTC One”).

Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an “Advanced” subsection:

Window animation scale

Transition animation scale

Animator animation scale

Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that it’s set to “1x” by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to “.5x” — that’s it...restart your device

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze