Sudden switch to speakerphone mid call

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Several times now since the update while talking on the phone it has switched to speakerphone. Has anyone else experienced this or do I have unusually precise cheek bones?

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the screen turning off when you hold the phone to your ear during a call? If not, there might be a problem with the proximity sensor. Make sure it isn't covered (by a case, or grim, or a dirty screen protector)--it should be right near the front-facing camera.

snocone

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Is the screen turning off when you hold the phone to your ear during a call? If not, there might be a problem with the proximity sensor. Make sure it isn't covered (by a case, or grim, or a dirty screen protector)--it should be right near the front-facing camera.
is the proximity sensor the little circle next to the camera lens?

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I'll try to pay attention to what the screen's doing next time I use the phone, which isn't all that often.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Several times now since the update while talking on the phone it has switched to speakerphone. Has anyone else experienced this or do I have unusually precise cheek bones?

You're not alone. Mine does it too several times... And the screen is off when it happens close to my ear. It's deafening... I haven't done a factory reset yet. Don't feel like setting up my phone again.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
You're not alone. Mine does it too several times... And the screen is off when it happens close to my ear. It's deafening... I haven't done a factory reset yet. Don't feel like setting up my phone again.

I haven't noticed it in a while, but I don't really use it as a phone all that often.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang