HTC One stuck in bootloop, can't connect to PC

ughazi93

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to flash a ROM (not sure exactly which one - I did this like a month or two ago) but I did something wrong and the phone is now in a boot loop. It gets to HTC logo and reboots constantly. When I try booting into recovery, it show CWM on the screen for a split second and then reboots (back into the bootloop). I am, however, able to get into hboot/fastboot. It says "tampered" and "unlocked" at the top. It's hboot version 1.44. When I select the factory reset or recovery option, it goes back into the bootloop.

I have read several posts about connecting it to a computer and using adb to reset it while in fastboot but I can't do that. Whenever I connect it to a computer, the phone does not get recognized on the computer whatsoever. When I plug it in, it starts charging but nothing happens on the computer. I have tried installing the drivers on multiple PCs (both Windows 7 and 8) and I have tried using several different USB cables. This was the case long before it was stuck in the boot loop too so it's not a new issue. It just doesn't get recognized on a computer. I've tried going into device manager and everything, nothing shows up. Is there any way I can fix this issue since I seemingly can't use adb?

Thanks in advance for any help!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I was trying to flash a ROM (not sure exactly which one - I did this like a month or two ago) but I did something wrong and the phone is now in a boot loop. It gets to HTC logo and reboots constantly. When I try booting into recovery, it show CWM on the screen for a split second and then reboots (back into the bootloop). I am, however, able to get into hboot/fastboot. It says "tampered" and "unlocked" at the top. It's hboot version 1.44. When I select the factory reset or recovery option, it goes back into the bootloop.

I have read several posts about connecting it to a computer and using adb to reset it while in fastboot but I can't do that. Whenever I connect it to a computer, the phone does not get recognized on the computer whatsoever. When I plug it in, it starts charging but nothing happens on the computer. I have tried installing the drivers on multiple PCs (both Windows 7 and 8) and I have tried using several different USB cables. This was the case long before it was stuck in the boot loop too so it's not a new issue. It just doesn't get recognized on a computer. I've tried going into device manager and everything, nothing shows up. Is there any way I can fix this issue since I seemingly can't use adb?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hmmm...

Okay, can you access fastboot? When you connect it to your computer, does the red text change from "fastboot" to "fastboot usb"?

ughazi93

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
No, you should use 2.0. What drivers have you been using? Have you tried the ones from HTC Sync?

Yeah I've tried those drivers. The thing is with or without drivers, the device should at least show up in the device manager right? Even if it's an unknown device it should show that. Nothing changes in the device manager. I'm thinking maybe it's a hardware issue with the port on the phone or something.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I've tried those drivers. The thing is with or without drivers, the device should at least show up in the device manager right? Even if it's an unknown device it should show that. Nothing changes in the device manager. I'm thinking maybe it's a hardware issue with the port on the phone or something.

So you've tried Windows 7 and 8? They were on different computers right?

ughazi93

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
We need at, the very least, fastboot working in order to try anything.

Look at this to see if it will work: [TOOL] [WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.3 - XDA Forum

I installed it. What should I do next? I looked at the the picture guide for when the computer can't detect a device but there is no "Other devices" section in my device manager when I connect the phone.

edit: I also tried running the command prompt for the newly created adb directory and typed "fastboot devices" but nothing happened

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I installed it. What should I do next? I looked at the the picture guide for when the computer can't detect a device but there is no "Other devices" section in my device manager when I connect the phone.

edit: I also tried running the command prompt for the newly created adb directory and typed "fastboot devices" but nothing happened

The 'fastboot devices' command won't show anything unless your phone says "fastboot usb" in red text. I'm kind of out of ideas. We just need fastboot working and we can go somewhere, but right now we're stuck. You can't boot up, and you can't boot into recovery.

I'll have to think of some other ideas and maybe contact others for help.

ughazi93

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The 'fastboot devices' command won't show anything unless your phone says "fastboot usb" in red text. I'm kind of out of ideas. We just need fastboot working and we can go somewhere, but right now we're stuck. You can't boot up, and you can't boot into recovery.

I'll have to think of some other ideas and maybe contact others for help.

Ok sure. Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I didn't expect it to be fixable issue going in. Kind of hard to do anything without at least being able to connect it to a PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech