John Griffin2

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know why AT&T is one of the last carriers to push out 5.0 and does anyone know when we might hope to receive it?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) Because they're smart? (5.0.1 is a bug fix for 5.0. 5.0.2 is a bug fix for 5.0.1. 5.1 is reported to be a bug fix for 5.0.2. Why are you so anxious to update to bugs?)

2) They have a slower testing process because they test more. They're currently doing some 5.0 soak tests in South America, from what I've read.

I'm waiting for 6 months of no complaints about an update that actually has some benefit before I get it. (I don't consider Material Design a benefit, I can't stand it. And I already get great battery life. Android Runtime? Maybe. We;ll see after people have been running apps designed to run that way for a while. But not while the ROM is buggy.)

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
1) Because they're smart? (5.0.1 is a bug fix for 5.0. 5.0.2 is a bug fix for 5.0.1. 5.1 is reported to be a bug fix for 5.0.2. Why are you so anxious to update to bugs?)

2) They have a slower testing process because they test more. They're currently doing some 5.0 soak tests in South America, from what I've read.

I'm waiting for 6 months of no complaints about an update that actually has some benefit before I get it. (I don't consider Material Design a benefit, I can't stand it. And I already get great battery life. Android Runtime? Maybe. We;ll see after people have been running apps designed to run that way for a while. But not while the ROM is buggy.)

I you are waiting for a bug-free version, it will be a long wait - like never. Actually I don't think we will ever see an update from At&t. Funny, I already have 5.1 OTA on my Nexus 7 2012 - works fine on three year old hardware...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol