Anyone actually receive the Lollipop 5.0 update yet?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Apparently Mo Versi from HTC said that it'd start pushing out days ago.. yet I haven't heard of anyone getting it yet. Has anyone?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Odd.. I went to check for update and it downloaded the 200MB "memory optimization" update. After it rebooted and what not, i went to check for update again and nothing.. so i set the date fwd to the 6th and checked again and viola, 900MB lollipop update downloading.

Lukedog17

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, mine is significantly slower with long pauses after button presses, page slides, etc. I have rebooted phone a couple times to see if it would make a difference, none. Any thoughts?

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, mine is significantly slower with long pauses after button presses, page slides, etc. I have rebooted phone a couple times to see if it would make a difference, none. Any thoughts?

Sounds eerily familiar. This was a problem on Nexus devices with all the 5.0/5.0.1/5.0.2 updates that caused a memory leak and battery drain. 5.1 seems to have fixed it.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Mine's not doing that at all. It's really quick and responsive. Try clearing your Cache partition and let us know.

Ron Khan

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine's not doing that at all. It's really quick and responsive. Try clearing your Cache partition and let us know.

^^^^
Running better than it has run, since I've had the phone. Very quick and responsive and feels like a new device.

Posted by my HTC em seven

Lukedog17

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
working much better now. Was a little more responsive before clearing out the cache but now its zooming right along. Only thing that still slow is the standard "messages" app. Tried clearing out old threads but it is still very slow.
Thanks for the help!

Ron Khan

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
working much better now. Was a little more responsive before clearing out the cache but now its zooming right along. Only thing that still slow is the standard "messages" app. Tried clearing out old threads but it is still very slow.
Thanks for the help!

The standard messaging app is terrible. Try Textra, I've been using it for 2 yrs, and its amazing, very fast and lightweight with just enough options. With each update it keeps getting better.

Posted by my HTC em seven

chrisfl1963

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Got it on my One, but now the phone keeps rebooting every few minutes and killing the battery. I have the AT&T M7 running 5.0.2

chrisfl1963

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Was on Chat with HTC about my phone and they got me to go in to a boot level menu and clear out things and so far things are working like befoe the new update.
Now 2 days later it's back to rebooting all over again. So it looks like a factory reset is my only option now.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon