HTC one M7 At&t software update failed phone Red triangle

owwstin

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello, So this morning my phone automatically decided to go through the At&T software update without my consent and got to 100% and froze without completing. (I waited about a half hour) I powered it off and when I turned it back on the red triangle pops up and then it will restart itself in a seemingly endless loop. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition, if you can: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-6526

Since it was AT&T's official update, it's worth taking the phone to your local AT&T store, showing them what their update did to your phone, and asking them what they can do for you (since it was their update that caused the problem).

owwstin

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the response. I tried clearing the cache still same problem. I noticed on the blue screen that pops up at the bottome it says " Mount sdcard failed can not mount sd card (no such device) )

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would guess that the system update installation glitched in a major way. The other possibility is some hardware failure, but that would seem oddly coincidental with a system update.

I don't know of any easy way to correct this--I would still suggest contacting AT&T about the faulty update.

vidya123

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
even I had the same problem.. I got update form ATT and after that I am seeing the error.I called the customer care and went their store .. no help .. Please let me know how do fix this myself