My wife and I bought 2 identical AT&T HTC Inspire 4G phones. I set the same options on both including My Location setting. For some reason our phones show very different weather for what appears to be the same location (in our case the clock/weather widget shows our state). One would think that it gives the weather for different towns, but we are using GPS and wireless network to locate the phones, and we are standing next to each other.
    Any idea why?
    07-04-2011 10:29 AM
    I just ordered my Inspire and have been doing a lot of reading on it, and I have come across a lot of posts and threads of people talking about this.

None of them seem to have an answer as to what causes it or an across the board fix for it either. Hope you get it sorted out through.
    07-04-2011 10:44 AM
    From my experience with HTC since don't let it auto locate you. Manually tell it were you are. I manage a radio shack and have this problem come up a lot. I've even noticed it with my own inspire. Some time you do have to remove the widget then re add it to your main screen.
    07-04-2011 11:10 AM
    I had this problem when I first got my phone. Eventually, it corrected itself. I believe it is an issue with HTC Sense and the servers constantly being down for upgrades and maintenance. I currently have an issue with my Friend stream no longer updating and all my newest FB contacts not syncing. I have been very unimpressed with HTC Sense since I've had my phone. I love the look of the big clock with weather, but have been taking about going with a third party launcher.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    07-04-2011 11:44 AM
    I live in a tiny town and I can't add my town. I found this link but I have not tried it. Mostly my phone does a pretty good job of knowing where I am or at least the next largest town over. I have been pleased with sense I really like the internet pass through. I am using leedroid.

[GUIDE] Add cities in Sense Weather app and World Clock - xda-developers
    07-04-2011 02:00 PM
    Weather is a joke anyway. The forecast is usually wrong (no matter which app) and then it changes throughout the day to match the actual weather.
    07-04-2011 09:25 PM