So this afternoon my qwerty keyboard has some letters scrambled up. The "A" is where the "Q" should be and some other letters got switched around as well. I tried rebooting the phone and even pulling the battery with no such luck. Has this happened to anyone else?
    07-06-2011 11:10 PM
    I would make sure that "QWERTY" is checked in the settings for your keyboard.
    07-07-2011 02:21 AM
    So this afternoon my qwerty keyboard has some letters scrambled up. The "A" is where the "Q" should be and some other letters got switched around as well. I tried rebooting the phone and even pulling the battery with no such luck. Has this happened to anyone else?
    I had this happen to me once and I rebooted the phone and it was back to normal.
    07-07-2011 03:56 AM
    I would make sure that "QWERTY" is checked in the settings for your keyboard.
    It is, but no such luck!
    07-08-2011 02:14 AM
    I had this happen to me once and I rebooted the phone and it was back to normal.
    Tried that and pulled the battery out while on and still reboots with the letters scrambled.
    07-08-2011 02:15 AM
    Had the same problem.

Settings > Language & Input > click Samsung keyboard icon on the right > click Reset settings

This fixed it for me.
    06-09-2014 11:49 AM
    Old thread but it helped me out...

For some reason my system (6.0.1) was putting the external keyboard layout into BELGIUM configuration and English wasn't even an option until I went in and changed it.

Threw out a keyboard and ordered a new one but it was the configuration on my phone. Salvaged the trashed keyboard and now it's all good.

Don't know how that happened but it must have been an app or an update...
    01-30-2017 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD