Google Maps Help!

MDLenz

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
OK, I have an issue with the Google Maps and GPS on my phone and I would love some help from anyone here.

Every time I open Google Maps from my phone at my home, it puts me automatically in a location a couple miles away from where I am. After a while, the GPS will lock on to me and put me in the correct location, but once I move to somewhere away from my home, Maps yet again puts me back in the original spot a couple miles away! It's like it thinks that's my default location or something. Unfortunately, I don't know how to stop it from doing that.

Does anyone know how to get it to stop doing this?

tallal565

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
OK, I have an issue with the Google Maps and GPS on my phone and I would love some help from anyone here.

Every time I open Google Maps from my phone at my home, it puts me automatically in a location a couple miles away from where I am. After a while, the GPS will lock on to me and put me in the correct location, but once I move to somewhere away from my home, Maps yet again puts me back in the original spot a couple miles away! It's like it thinks that's my default location or something. Unfortunately, I don't know how to stop it from doing that.

Does anyone know how to get it to stop doing this?

make sure your hand isnt covering the back camera area. that is where the GPS antenna is.

raver_returns

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I had a similar issue after the 4G update for some reason. What I did was go into the apps page - menu - remove apps - maps. Tell it to uninstall all updates from the maps app. Restart. When that finishes, just open the app again and it will automatically re-install the updates. Mine works better than before the 4G update now. Hope this helps.

MDLenz

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I believe I've narrowed the problem down to the Wi-fi network on my phone. I turned off "Allow Wi-fi" in my Location settings and the GPS locked on to my location very well and kept me there when I reloaded the app. However, whenever I let my phone use my Wi-fi network it goes back to the wrong location.

Raver, I tried your suggestion too. No luck :(

Any ideas, folks?

MDLenz

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking that's what it is too, repligator. My phone had no problem finding my actual location with my old Wi-fi network, but I recently upgraded to a new router, and I think that may be the problem.

Is there any way to fix this or am I just going to have to tolerate it?

MDLenz

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, this problem seems to have miraculously resolved itself. I didn't do a single thing, but all of a sudden my phone's locating me super-accurately, even with GPS turned off! :D

Thanks for your input, guys!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante