will the Inspire 4g receive LTE

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have heard yes and no, I keep hearing the infuse is LTE compatible though.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Piney Boy

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
No the Inspire is not LTE capable. LTE requires a special chip which the Inspire does not have. LTE is still around 2 years away for AT&T (unless they surprise us) so no AT&T "4G" phone should have the LTE chip.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
No the Inspire is not LTE capable. LTE requires a special chip which the Inspire does not have. LTE is still around 2 years away for AT&T (unless they surprise us) so no AT&T "4G" phone should have the LTE chip.

ATT said that LTE would be available in new York and Chicago by end of summer.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
ATT said that LTE would be available in new York and Chicago by end of summer.

Yes, the service will be available but the inspire, as well as the rest of their current phones cannot connect to it because they do not have lte anttenas. They are launching a usb card and a wifi hotspot as their first lte devices.

Sent from my Inspiration

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

According to atts site they are launching LTE this summer.

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
You guys are probably correct that HTC inspire probably isn't pre capable. The only thing is that it was from a att rep( during some tech show) that said the by switching the sim card the inspire would be able to connect to LTE. Im guessing the rep probably didn't know what LTE was but I just wanted to put if out.

shawtygotit

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I work at an AT&T call center and we just had training on LTE...they say that it will be backwards compatible with all the current HSPA+ devices...

brad_wp

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank you I know something like that was thrown around the web!

From what I understand the "LTE" we will see on our Inspires (and most of the current crop of AT&T "4G" phones for that matter) will not be true LTE speeds, but will certainly be faster than the 3G'ish speeds most of us are seeing now.

Kisziszi

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
The Inspire is a 3G phone. LTE is 4G! Other than a marketing ...
The Inspire doesn't have any LTE (4G) parts (chip/radio), means will NEVER have LTE connection!

FYI: in my country, the providers increased the minimum guaranteed download speed to 2 Mb - everywhere in the country - average is about 4-6 Mb (3G).

bigboi0206

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I work at an AT&T call center and we just had training on LTE...they say that it will be backwards compatible with all the current HSPA+ devices...
LTE devices will have HSPA+ activated so that they will be able to go back on that network once they are out of range of LTE. Which is why AT&T is saying that they are providing 2 layers of "4G" instead of one like Verizon and Sprint. Once you get out of their 4G range you drop drastically in speeds.