HTC Inspire 4g Volume button damage

cb36

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello Fellow Androids,

I have an Inspire 4g and when I replaced my battery housing I messed up the volume up button on the flex cable. I can't find a replacement flex cable anywhere for the Inspire but I found one for the Desire HD. Will that work on my Inspire since they look exactly the same? It is called the motherboard flex cable. The word motherboard has me worried.

gadget69

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I had.something similar, my volume rocker was accidentally pull when try to pull the battery cover. Just volume up was effected, not the operation of the the rocker.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello Fellow Androids,

I have an Inspire 4g and when I replaced my battery housing I messed up the volume up button on the flex cable. I can't find a replacement flex cable anywhere for the Inspire but I found one for the Desire HD. Will that work on my Inspire since they look exactly the same? It is called the motherboard flex cable. The word motherboard has me worried.

Doing anything with the motherboard is dangerous by it self. I would try to get exact parts even if the phones are close to identical

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I seriously doubt there is any hardware difference. I might be a little more hesitant about the sim card flex cable, but even that is prob exactly the same.

greentechrecycling

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
CB36 Was wondering if you tried the Desire HD mother board for the volume flex on the inspire? I have the same issue. I got a phone from someone trying to repair the lcd and they broke the volume flex. Or did you find a place that sells the inspire motherboard flex?

ShippsAhoy

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I broke my volume rocker switch...also trying to remove the battery cover. My rocker literally cracked in half. Fortunately, it's still together and it kind of sticks in position. But, it's extremely fragile and will fall out occasionally. Where do you find a replacement button?

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I broke my volume rocker switch...also trying to remove the battery cover. My rocker literally cracked in half. Fortunately, it's still together and it kind of sticks in position. But, it's extremely fragile and will fall out occasionally. Where do you find a replacement button?

I remember when I had a problem with the volume button on my Inspire I took it to a ATT repair location and they gave me another phone. But once thing I did notice that the lady that helped me with my phone that day also gave me a whole bunch of battery door covers apparently they are dispensable so maybe you should go to an ATT repair location and they might have a whole bunch of these little volume things for the Inspire lying around. You might be able to buy one off them or even get one free! Or any other little part you may need..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae