08-27-2011 11:44 PM
54 123
tools
    sweeeeeet. now i just need a subscription to netflix
    07-26-2011 03:00 PM
    Fabulous!! Thank you so much!
    07-28-2011 02:38 PM
    Used the SWM to get the apk installed and it opens to a black screen...hmm...I have an Inspire, unrooted, stock.

any ideas?

UPDATE: Apparently all I needed was a restart. Works like a charm, gotta love it. REBOOT!
    07-29-2011 07:31 AM
    Used Super1Click. Awesome. Wasn't sure S1C did the job, but whammo it is there. Just did not want to deal with AT&T and try and get the update.
    07-29-2011 08:12 AM
    Used the Sideload Wonder Machine and now netflix works great.
    07-30-2011 04:07 PM
    I got this loaded and working well on the Inspire to watch stuff, but it doesn't allow access to the dvd queue? Is it suppose to? Is there another app that people use to add/delete dvds from there queue?
    08-03-2011 08:38 AM
    I got this loaded and working well on the Inspire to watch stuff, but it doesn't allow access to the dvd queue? Is it suppose to? Is there another app that people use to add/delete dvds from there queue?
    Yes, you will have to access your snail mail que via another app or by simply using your browser (which is what I do).

The same is true for the wii app. I don't know why they couldn't have integrated it into one interface. Perhaps that's why they are charging us all more money in september.
    08-03-2011 08:47 AM
    where do you go to download for the inspire? i have an atrix 4g but mine was in the market. My man has the inspire and is really wanting netflix on his phone. if you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated! thank you!!
    08-09-2011 01:09 PM
    where do you go to download for the inspire? i have an atrix 4g but mine was in the market. My man has the inspire and is really wanting netflix on his phone. if you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated! thank you!!
    He'll have to sideload the apk in the first post
    08-09-2011 01:31 PM
    Check my link in the first page of this thread. You have to download the apk file "from the wild" as in it is not available from the market because the inspire is technically not an approved device for even the new update. It runs great on the inspire though.

Of course this assumes that the inspire user knows how to sideload apps as mentioned by shamanic above.
    08-09-2011 02:00 PM
    can he do that from his phone or does it have to be through the pc? i apologize for all of the questions. I know nothing about his phone lol!
    08-09-2011 02:20 PM
    I downloaded the apk a few weeks ago and can answer a few questions. If you have the non-market app update or the gingerbread update (non-market app ability is included) you don't need to sideload. It should go right to asking you if you want to install it. That's what it did for me. If you're not covered by the updates I mentioned, you will need a computer to sideload, but it's pretty simple.
    08-09-2011 02:31 PM
    can he do that from his phone or does it have to be through the pc? i apologize for all of the questions. I know nothing about his phone lol!
    He can do it directly from the phone. Just use the mirror link from at the bottom of this Android Police page
    [Updated x2: Flashable Zip For Rooted Transformer Added] Download: Netflix 1.3.0 APK - Working On More Devices Than Listed As Supported (Including Honeycomb Tablets)
    Then from within the browser goto menu> downloads and tap the netflix 1.3.0 apk.
    Pambeck24 likes this.
    08-09-2011 02:35 PM
    okay...so an off the wall question but about downloads..he just recently did the update on his phone pc wise and now when he goes to the market almost none of the apps he had before are there. examples are vevo, gamefly etc. can he do the same thing with those apps that he will do for netflix or is he kinda screwed? he lost all of his games etc which was to be expected but he cant find any of the old apps that he had.
    08-09-2011 02:42 PM
    okay...so an off the wall question but about downloads..he just recently did the update on his phone pc wise and now when he goes to the market almost none of the apps he had before are there. examples are vevo, gamefly etc. can he do the same thing with those apps that he will do for netflix or is he kinda screwed? he lost all of his games etc which was to be expected but he cant find any of the old apps that he had.
    Im assuming based on what you said here that he did the full Gingerbread update via the htc website rather than waiting for the OTA update. The full update will wipe out your data including apps. The only way to get apps back is to reload them. He should be able to see his apps in the market by logging in to the market using the email that he originally used to get them in the first place. (Menu>Accounts)

I am waiting for the OTA update to avoid losing data.

You might want to check one of the Gingerbread update threads in this forum to see what others have done.
    08-09-2011 03:29 PM
    Hi. Can The app be downloaded from the Market or do I need to follow the above link?
    08-09-2011 05:32 PM
    Hi. Can The app be downloaded from the Market or do I need to follow the above link?
    There is a way to get it from the market at android.com but it is much easier to use the link above. It is from a trusted source. it is not available through the market app on your phone.
    08-09-2011 05:43 PM
    No longer is rooting or flashing a new ROM necessary, the new Netflix App Update released today allows stock Inspires to stream!

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...b.tt%2FP5nq3zf

there is a link for the apk.
    downloaded...how do i get it to work on my phone? (HTC INspire) i moved the file to my phone...but will not show up...what am i missing??
    08-09-2011 09:44 PM
    downloaded...how do i get it to work on my phone? (HTC INspire) i moved the file to my phone...but will not show up...what am i missing??
    Moved it how? download or pc transfer?
    Use es file explorer or astro to navigate if not downloaded via phone browser.
    08-09-2011 10:26 PM
    Im assuming based on what you said here that he did the full Gingerbread update via the htc website rather than waiting for the OTA update. The full update will wipe out your data uincluding apps. The only way to get apps back is to reload them. He should be able to see his apps in the market by logging in to the market using the email that he originally used to get them in the first place. (Menu>Accounts)

I am waiting for the OTA update to avoid losing data.

You might want to check one of the Gingerbread update threads in this forum to see what others have done.

This not entirely true. Yes it does a wipe but as soon as you sign into Google it downloads everything or it should. Apps, calendar, email and contacts all should sync. Did for me.
    08-09-2011 10:53 PM
    Hello, I have tried downloading this directly from my phone. However, I am experiencing problems in the form of a message. The message reads, "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from Android Market." It also gives two options, a settings and a cancel option. How can i get rid of this block?

Can anybody help me with this? I'd greatly appreciate it.
    08-09-2011 11:08 PM
    Hello, I have tried downloading this directly from my phone. However, I am experiencing problems in the form of a message. The message reads, "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained free om Android Market." It also gives two options, a settings and a cancel option. How can i get rid of this block?

Can anybody help me with this? I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Have you received the unknown sources update, or the gingerbread update? If not, you will need to sideload the app.
    08-10-2011 10:21 AM
    I just bought my phone yesterday. I'm unsure if I have received either of those two updates. What does it mean to sideload the app? Thanks for the help.
    08-10-2011 10:48 AM
    I just bought my phone yesterday. I'm unsure if I have received either of those two updates. What does it mean to sideload the app? Thanks for the help.
    Yes, you would need the Sideload Wonder Machine (or something like that) to get the app right now.
    Alternately (better way), you could install HTC Sync and install the Gingerbread update from htc.com (or hit HTC WiFi update button under settings and hope the update is there). The update will then allow you to go to settings/applications and then turn on unknown sources, then you can install Netflix from the first post.
    08-10-2011 11:38 AM
    I've tried downloading this and this is wut I get from the link..

Error (404)

We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our FAQ or forums for help. Or maybe you should try heading home..

Any help would b appreciated
    08-15-2011 11:22 PM
54 123