Netflix has arrived.

zato1ch1

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Used the SWM to get the apk installed and it opens to a black screen...hmm...I have an Inspire, unrooted, stock.

any ideas?

UPDATE: Apparently all I needed was a restart. Works like a charm, gotta love it. REBOOT!

Last edited:

Piney Boy

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Used Super1Click. Awesome. Wasn't sure S1C did the job, but whammo it is there. Just did not want to deal with AT&T and try and get the update.

mikegentile

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I got this loaded and working well on the Inspire to watch stuff, but it doesn't allow access to the dvd queue? Is it suppose to? Is there another app that people use to add/delete dvds from there queue?

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I got this loaded and working well on the Inspire to watch stuff, but it doesn't allow access to the dvd queue? Is it suppose to? Is there another app that people use to add/delete dvds from there queue?

Yes, you will have to access your snail mail que via another app or by simply using your browser (which is what I do).

The same is true for the wii app. I don't know why they couldn't have integrated it into one interface. Perhaps that's why they are charging us all more money in september.

Pambeck24

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
where do you go to download for the inspire? i have an atrix 4g but mine was in the market. My man has the inspire and is really wanting netflix on his phone. if you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated! thank you!! :)

Shamanic Enzan

May 26, 2011
Visit site
where do you go to download for the inspire? i have an atrix 4g but mine was in the market. My man has the inspire and is really wanting netflix on his phone. if you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated! thank you!! :)
He'll have to sideload the apk in the first post

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site

Check my link in the first page of this thread. You have to download the apk file "from the wild" as in it is not available from the market because the inspire is technically not an approved device for even the new update. It runs great on the inspire though.

Of course this assumes that the inspire user knows how to sideload apps as mentioned by shamanic above.

Pambeck24

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
can he do that from his phone or does it have to be through the pc? i apologize for all of the questions. I know nothing about his phone lol!

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the apk a few weeks ago and can answer a few questions. If you have the non-market app update or the gingerbread update (non-market app ability is included) you don't need to sideload. It should go right to asking you if you want to install it. That's what it did for me. If you're not covered by the updates I mentioned, you will need a computer to sideload, but it's pretty simple.

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
can he do that from his phone or does it have to be through the pc? i apologize for all of the questions. I know nothing about his phone lol!

He can do it directly from the phone. Just use the mirror link from at the bottom of this Android Police page
[Updated x2: Flashable Zip For Rooted Transformer Added] Download: Netflix 1.3.0 APK - Working On More Devices Than Listed As Supported (Including Honeycomb Tablets)
Then from within the browser goto menu> downloads and tap the netflix 1.3.0 apk.

Reactions: Pambeck24

Pambeck24

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
okay...so an off the wall question but about downloads..he just recently did the update on his phone pc wise and now when he goes to the market almost none of the apps he had before are there. examples are vevo, gamefly etc. can he do the same thing with those apps that he will do for netflix or is he kinda screwed? he lost all of his games etc which was to be expected but he cant find any of the old apps that he had.

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
okay...so an off the wall question but about downloads..he just recently did the update on his phone pc wise and now when he goes to the market almost none of the apps he had before are there. examples are vevo, gamefly etc. can he do the same thing with those apps that he will do for netflix or is he kinda screwed? he lost all of his games etc which was to be expected but he cant find any of the old apps that he had.

Im assuming based on what you said here that he did the full Gingerbread update via the htc website rather than waiting for the OTA update. The full update will wipe out your data including apps. The only way to get apps back is to reload them. He should be able to see his apps in the market by logging in to the market using the email that he originally used to get them in the first place. (Menu>Accounts)

I am waiting for the OTA update to avoid losing data.

You might want to check one of the Gingerbread update threads in this forum to see what others have done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton