Hello everyone,

As I've continued my use of my Inspire I'm just not convinced on it. I really want to go back to an iPhone but I don't want to spend the $649 on a new one. I'm thinking about trading it on craigslist. I had someone email me so far and say he would give me $300 for my phone and then if I gave him $180 cash he would give me his 32g iPhone 4. For anyone that has ever traded phones, is this a safe practice? Obviously, I'm taking a risk that could have a bad outcome but I'm just interested to see what others have to say on this topic. Also do you think what he has offered is a good deal? I guess the best way to check the phone is the watermark in the headphone jack. I'd also make sure it charges/syncs and the screen touch input works good. I hope I can get some good info on this!

Thank you!
    07-20-2011 06:48 PM
    I traded my torch for my current phone. it has given me nothing but trouble. if I were you I would sell my infuse and use the proceeds to pay for another iPhone. at&t is going to treat it as a refurb if you trade and if anything goes wrong with it you may have issues with them.
    07-20-2011 07:32 PM
    I've traded a phones a bunch. Usually you can just SIM swap and be done, but it is a little more difficult with the i4. Meet him at an AT&T retailer.

Doesnt sound like a bad deal, though.
    07-20-2011 09:14 PM
    you will be bored with an iphone after having an inspire.
    turbo098 likes this.
    07-20-2011 09:25 PM
    Hello everyone,

As I've continued my use of my Inspire I'm just not convinced on it. I really want to go back to an iPhone but I don't want to spend the $649 on a new one. I'm thinking about trading it on craigslist. I had someone email me so far and say he would give me $300 for my phone and then if I gave him $180 cash he would give me his 32g iPhone 4. For anyone that has ever traded phones, is this a safe practice? Obviously, I'm taking a risk that could have a bad outcome but I'm just interested to see what others have to say on this topic. Also do you think what he has offered is a good deal? I guess the best way to check the phone is the watermark in the headphone jack. I'd also make sure it charges/syncs and the screen touch input works good. I hope I can get some good info on this!

Thank you!
    Dont do it once u spend five mins with ios u will see how boring it is. No widgets just icons in boxes yuck

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    07-20-2011 10:10 PM
    Yeah I know. That's the whole reason I switched to Android but this phone really is giving me problems. I've been on the phone with ATT for the past 5 or 6 days trying to get an issue resolved and nothing is working. When I'm at my lake house, my phone will decide whether or not it wants to receive phone calls which is pretty annoying when I'm paying $100+ a month for a phone that won't ring when someone calls me. I never had that problem with an iPhone and that's why I want to switch.
    07-20-2011 10:15 PM
    I've got both, and a jailbroken i4 is a pretty nifty device. Stock, the Inspire gets the edge. Battery life of the i4 is double what the Inspire is. Like someone else suggested, do the transaction at the ATT store, that way you can be sure his phone has a clean imei and has no outstanding bill attached to it. you'll have to go there anyway, the i4 has a micro SIM card. If your phone is mint, 180 is too much. $100-125 is more in line. Good luck.
    07-21-2011 04:26 AM
    I've got both, and a jailbroken i4 is a pretty nifty device. Stock, the Inspire gets the edge. Battery life of the i4 is double what the Inspire is. Like someone else suggested, do the transaction at the ATT store, that way you can be sure his phone has a clean imei and has no outstanding bill attached to it. you'll have to go there anyway, the i4 has a micro SIM card. If your phone is mint, 180 is too much. $100-125 is more in line. Good luck.
    Does the ATT store allow such practices of trading phones? Like I said I've never done it before and I know it's risky so I don't want to F myself over from the beginning. I hated the simplicity of the iPhone when I had it however, all the features of the phone worked and since I'm paying for the phone to be working I think that is an important part.
    07-21-2011 05:58 AM
    If both of you are AT&T customers, which I'm sure you are, then yes. I've traded phones on Craigslist several times, met them at the store and activated both on the spot. After activated, you will be able to make and receive a test call, text message, take test pics, get on the internet, make sure it takes a charge, etc.
    07-21-2011 06:37 AM
    If both of you are AT&T customers, which I'm sure you are, then yes. I've traded phones on Craigslist several times, met them at the store and activated both on the spot. After activated, you will be able to make and receive a test call, text message, take test pics, get on the internet, make sure it takes a charge, etc.
    Sweet so as long as I can try and verify his watermarks on the iPhone and do the trade at the AT&T store it sounds like we won't have a problem. I know the iPhone has a water mark at the base of the headphone jack. Does it have another one?
    07-21-2011 06:49 AM
    Not sure, the sales associate will know. If all the items I mentioned work, then most likely it hasn't been doused in water.
    07-21-2011 07:05 AM
    I actually got my Inspire by trading my iphone 4 for it and 70 dollars. I'm much happier with my Inspire than the iphone 4 if that means anything.
    07-29-2011 07:00 AM
    My daughter has the Iphone 4, & although I feel that her phone does have a sharper picture, my Inspire blows her phone out of the water on everything else. We sacrifice that sharpness for the larger screen! Jmo!
    08-01-2011 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD