Hi,

I bought the HTC Inspire 3 months ago for its 8MP camera and have since loved its other features too. But the camera has a slow autofocus (around 1-3 seconds). This isn't a problem for standstill objects like mountains or skylines (and those pics are grt !!), but when it comes to taking pics of people (impatient lot ;-P ) or their movements, this is a big issue.

Apart from the camera slowly focusing every time I take a pic, even the slightest motion of my hand or the subjects creates a blur. So far, I've experimented with the settings of the stock camera app, FxCamera, Camera360 Lite (fast at lower resolutions) and a few others.

I haven't found anything that would let me take high resolution pictures quickly with no blur during the day. (Pictures taken at night or in the dark come out badly, but that goes for any camera phone so I dont have a problem with that.)

Can you share your advice or experiences on this matter?
    07-29-2011 01:23 PM
    I have the same issues.. Really frustrating trying to get a clean photo sometimes.
    07-29-2011 04:00 PM
    This is an issue for many digital cameras with autofocus. Low lighting presents a major difficulty. This phone obviously has a nice ccd at 8MP, but it has crummy lens that compounds the lighting issue. Adding image stabilization probably would have added way too much to the overall price.
    07-29-2011 04:22 PM
    It's a phone, not a camera. If they designed it to be a perfect camera it probably wouldn't be a very good phone. When you make something do a little bit of everything you don't usually get something that is exceptionally good at any one of its functions.
    08-01-2011 11:22 AM
    I have the same problem, but it only happens in low light, which is a problem with many cameras. Like the guy above me said, it's a phone, it's not a digital camera, it can't be perfect.

If you have a great source of light, the camera will be perfectly fine. If it's in low light, then it will be hard to take photos of moving subjects.
    08-02-2011 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD