Official ATT Inspire 4G Gingerbread RUU

gator3853

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, no problems, battery life seems better, too soon to really tell. But I get the impression the inspire is worklng better, it may just be wishful thinking though. Just make sure you back everything up. I didn't have any problems, other than having to redo everything. Didn't affect the flash card.

patrick533

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I have had a problem using anything but the stock keyboard. Swiftkey X and Better keyboard 8 both cause the touch screen to lock, doing a power down restores it back to the stock keyboard. Some old apps I used to use I can no longer see in the market, but I was able to find suitable replacements.

Good and solid, ran it for all of last week with no resets. It uses both my Microcell and regular cells, the 4G radio (3.5G) seems a tad better hanging onto outside cells the old firmware just ignored and would switch to the Microcell at home. The battery might be a little better, last night I was at 65% when I usually would have been at 50% or less for similar usage (16 hours off the charger), but yesterday was slow, only 2 texts!:)

The only major flaw is I can't use Swiftkey X. Also interesting, the option to upgrade HTC firmware is gone, only showing ATT software update(The software update was previously mentioned in another post, I am just confirming the HTC update button is gone). I heard there were some problems with text, but Handcent works perfectly.

If anyone has a workaround for the 3rd party keyboard, please post it.

Cheers!

Reactions: keith2k1

patrick533

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Is this like an official update, or does it need to be flashed like other roms?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

It appears to be official, comes with a HTC loader, just hook the phone to the PC and run the file.

It ran great on Win 7 64 bit. Maybe a half hour to 45 minutes before completing.

Now a dumb question, is there a way back without rooting? I did backup using the HTC backup utility.

And you do retain the 3rd party download option/switch too:D

lemp0005

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
This RUU was released by HTC the other day and there was a link on their HTC Inspire website, but it was pulled right away. So I am not sure if this will be the final version or not, but there is a link right from HTC's website below. In the event you do intall this RUU and it is updated on the "final" or actual release, I believe you might have to make a Goldcard and downgrade to 2.2.1 and then upgrade from there. I installed this RUU last weekend when it was leaked and I have had no issues. Has worked great.

Manual system update instructions:
NOTE: Performing the system update manually will delete all information from the device. Ensure all information is backed up before proceeding. Information saved on the microSD card will not be affected.

Performing the ROM Update:
Download and save the HTC Inspire 4G™ for AT&T Gingerbread ROM update to your PC.
Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable. NOTE: You must have HTC Sync installed on your PC in order to run the update.
On the Connect To PC pop-up on your device, select HTC Sync.
Once connected to HTC Sync, locate the HTC Inspire 4G™ for AT&T ROM Update that you downloaded and double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.
Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
Once the device reboots, the initial setup wizard will appear.
Once the initial setup process is complete, the device is ready for use.

http://dl4.htc.com/RUU_Ace_Gingerbr...60.25_26.10.04.03_M_release_200368_signed.exe

patrick533

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
The HTC site lists this ROM as the current ROM, as verified in the "about software" page on my phone and the HTC site below. Unless there is an update that fixes the 3rd party keyboard, this is it, loaded with all the ATT junk. Can't root, if there was a leak from my phone regarding company business (even though I pay for the phone, I sometimes use it for business), my employer would have kittens if they found out I had "modified" the phone, I would be asking at my next job: Would you like fries with that? :'(

The WiFi seems a little bit more stable on this version also. The fact it chooses a "real cell" vs my Microcell when I am inside at home is a big plus too, it always took the Microcell at -95Db vs a real cell at -90Db, come to think of it, I never remember it picking up a cell reliably at home unless I was on the roof and even considering the possibility AT&T might have actually upgraded the coverage in my area, Nawwww! It has to be the new Gingerbread ROM.:)

Actually starting to get used to the "stock" keyboard, Switkey X made me lazy.......

HTC Inspire™ 4G at AT&T

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Does the update allow third party apps as well? And I'm also curious if they do release the "final" version that an Android newbie (not super tech savvy) could handle with getting the "official" update?

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes it allows 3rd party apps... This is the official. If you search, you can find the original Rom. Run the installer. There is a rooted version on XDA...

Jugzwei

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Will there still be an OTA update or is this it? I know they decided not to do an OTA for the Desire only an RUU. Would hate to be in that camp personally.

24kmex

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the battery life last longer, but that's all I've noticed. Well other little things but what's diiferent in performance?

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk

Stanley105x

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you guys sure this is the official Gingerbread update that AT&T announced for all 2011 phones? :eek: Not sure if I should install this....maybe I'll just wait a little bit. :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar