Official ATT Inspire 4G Gingerbread RUU

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes this is the final load. The link above is for a HTC website... I was only on the original load for about a week before installing the leaked version of this load. The MMI and battery life OS are what most will easily see. Performace... I usually get 5M/1M over 3G. It took about 6 minutes to download this over 3G to my SD card last night...

:)

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I just installed this ROM over the leak with no issues. Took about 10 minutes and another 20 to config everything not done by sync or restore... Enjoy!

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Just installed the update via HTC Sync. Now let's just pray to God that this is the official update and us "newbies" won't be stuck up ****'s creek by having to load 2.2.1 back up THEN OTA 2.3... We can only hope.

patrick533

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Uninstalled Swiftkey X per their websites instructions and re-installed. Everything is now working PERFECT, including Netflix and 3rd party updates:):):):):)

Qun Mang

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Question: did anyone try this on a phone that had MMS not working due to the 3rd party app workaround, and does it work after the update?

I guess the real question is, do I need to restore to factory settings (to reenable MMS) before applying this update? Thanks.

Qun Mang

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ah, good- thanks. I'll just have to back it up, and I'll give it a go. Hopefully restoring the apps/contacts/etc. after updating will be as painless as it was when I had an iphone. I just have to look up how to do this seeing as how I've done nothing outside of the occasional sync with HTC's sync software. I have apps from multiple markets which could complicate things though. Hmm.

Qun Mang

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Come to think of it, I have exactly one app installed not from Amazon or Android marketplaces, and both those stores should be able to restore the apps upon login (I installed the free version of "Cut the Rope" from Getjar in case you're wondering). All other data should be backed up to the cloud since "backup my settings" is checked. I wonder if it matters that several apps were offloaded to the SD card? Well, the worst that can happen I think is having copies of the apps in two locations- I don't think I have the space in internal memory to move them all back before upgrading.

Atomicpunk

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Installed today. Running smoothly so far. The only problem so far, is that I am not able to log on to my HTC sense account. Any one else.having this problem?

patrick533

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Installed today. Running smoothly so far. The only problem so far, is that I am not able to log on to my HTC sense account. Any one else.having this problem?

Tried mine, shows where I am at and everything. I am finding out a battery pull goes a long way with Gingerbread. I have done it a couple of times so far and that helped with a couple of apps.

Atomicpunk

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Tried mine, shows where I am at and everything. I am finding out a battery pull goes a long way with Gingerbread. I have done it a couple of times so far and that helped with a couple of apps.

Do I need to pull the battery while the phone is on, or should I power down first?

patrick533

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Do I need to pull the battery while the phone is on, or should I power down first?

I just pulled mine out while it was on and waited 30-40 seconds and put it back in and pushed the power button to turn it back on, it booted and is working fine. Seems to work better then just a power down for some problems.

I really don't know if it makes a difference if you turn it off first or not. So far I have not turned mine off before pulling the battery.

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
FYI, the HTC Wifi update button should work so using that update method should not wipe your data like using the file in the first post.

Eubalaena

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
On unlocked Inspire? I am an Android newbie who just ordered an unlocked Inspire 4G that I plan to use with ldpost.com (resold AT&T voice minutes) + wifi. Since I will not be an AT&T customer (though still indirectly using their network) will this upgrade work?

Second, I had just minutes ago purchased an "Inspire Root Upgrade Service from On The Go Solutions (Buy HTC Inspire Root Upgrade Service - On The Go Solutions). This service roots the Inspire, removes AT&T bloatware & market restrictions, and upgrades to the "Pure HTC Euro ROM for Desire HD" and Gingerbread. For this service they want $100. (I probably can still cancel the order.) Compared to the Gingerbread upgrade listed here, the On The Go offers rooting and removal of AT&T bloatware/ 3rd party, but I am wondering if that is worth $100. Any comments?