08-11-2011 07:15 PM
102 1234 ...
tools
    No it's not BS that AT&T cannot push it to your device. They go out in waves based on imei batches. just be patient, you'll get your download soon enough.

I also had problems with swype after update. I simply had to uninstall swype, run the swype installer and reinstall it. Works great now!
    08-08-2011 06:18 PM
    Ok, we got it on my wife's phone in Wisconsin. however, it doesn't really seem to have chnaged anything, aside from the build number.

Seriously, I thought we were supposed to get Sense 3.0, and it was supposed to unlock the bloatware so I could get rid of it like I can on my Atrix. maybe I read something wrong.

The phone is just as fast as it was before. It was always quick.
    No Sense 3.0? #NoThanks
    08-08-2011 07:11 PM
    Ok, we got it on my wife's phone in Wisconsin. however, it doesn't really seem to have chnaged anything, aside from the build number.

Seriously, I thought we were supposed to get Sense 3.0, and it was supposed to unlock the bloatware so I could get rid of it like I can on my Atrix. maybe I read something wrong.

There are plenty of changes dude.

"SUPPORTS" the following feature:

New user interface design with new themes (Black themes save power)
    Extra Large Screen Size supported
    SIP Communication Supported (SIP Video and Audio Calling, In an operator point of view, this is feature will decrease their voice calling revenue where as user can call each other for lower rates or even free if they have good data connection)
    Supports for NFC (High Frequency High Speech Data Transfer in short range)
    Support for WebM/VP8 video playback, and AAC audio encoding
    New audio effects such as reverb, equalization, headphone virtualization, and bass boost
    Improved Copy and Paste functionality
    Redesigned Multi Touch Software Keyboard
    Audio, graphical, and input enhancements for game developers
    New sensors support (i.e gyroscope)
    Download manager for long running HTTP downloads
    Enhanced support for native code
    Improved power management and application control
    Support for multiple cameras

The improved power management and app control feature is worth the download by itself

If you wanna make your phone "faster" I would suggest rooting it and then overclocking the cpu. Where did you hear it was supposed to have Sense 3.0? I read A LOT of tech and phone blogs/sites and I have never ever heard that.
    EnderXXI likes this.
    08-08-2011 07:25 PM
    Has anyone that got the update installed noticed that the "HTC Wifi Software Update" option is gone after update?

Seriously, where did you read that? All of HTC press releases and web sources are stating that while they may include some features from Sense 3.0 not all of them will be there. There are petitions to get HTC to do it but nowhere has anyone stated that HTC would include it in the update. I do wish that they could have included the new unlock screen, but they did update the notification bar with the settings tab.
    I just talked to somebody at AT&T and they said if I hadn't received it by now, i have to download it to my pc. Also, they said they can' t push it to my device. Sounds like bs to me.
    Call HTC. This update is from them.

Edit: also which Android version do we get?
    08-08-2011 07:42 PM
    Does the new Gingerbread update include the previous update(s) for the Inspire? In other words, can I manually update to GB straight from the shipped version? I'm getting a new Inspire delivered this week and since I will not have any data to worry about losing, thought I would update via the download at HTC website to give it that format/fresh install feeling.
    Thanks.
    08-08-2011 08:11 PM
    mine says that there are no updates and that everything is up to date, yet in the settings it shows me on 2.2.1 :-/
    08-08-2011 09:49 PM
    did my update this weekend manually from the HTC website (managed to get at that link before it was taken down again)
    works great! really digging the UI tweaks and the quick settings in the notification bar are really useful.
    i also noticed some of the notification icons have changed too. looks great so far!
    08-08-2011 10:14 PM
    The updates are pushed by htc I believe. Don't look in the ATT software section look in the wifi htc update section. My inspire doesn't have a sim card in it and I'm only using it on wifi. I got the update earlier today.

And yea I'm posting this from my iPhone.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-08-2011 10:21 PM
    Is the equalizer new? I don't recall it before.
    08-08-2011 10:46 PM
    Is the equalizer new? I don't recall it before.
    In HTC's app? It's been there
    08-08-2011 10:48 PM
    Are there a lot of new skins added to HTC hub?
    08-09-2011 12:13 AM
    I didn't wait for the over the air update, so I DL and went manual.. I am glad it wiped my phone..

Its a nice clean stable build so far..

All I can say, its about time the update was available.. Just wish Sense had more skins, etc.. Oh well..

Oh, If you don't have a iphoney, that your smart..

Crapple can SUCK IT!
    08-09-2011 12:27 AM
    Can someone please confirm for me that netflix still works on gingerbread. I'm using the apk that was posted on these forums not too long ago.
    08-09-2011 02:01 AM
    Just installed the update and set up all the particulars (email, etc.), but so far I haven't noticed much beyond subtle UI changes.

I guess I'll need to do a little more with it, but suffice it to say, it looks and feels just like Froyo.

If we get better battery life from the "better power management", this alone will make it all worthwhile for me.
    08-09-2011 03:05 AM
    No update yet in mid-Missouri.
    08-09-2011 04:23 AM
    As mentioned earlier you can download the official update from the HTC web site, to your PC/Laptop and use your USB cable and HTC SYNC to load the RUU on your phone, this is how I did it with no issues.
    08-09-2011 06:16 AM
    W
    As mentioned earlier you can download the official update from the HTC web site, to your PC/Laptop and use your USB cable and HTC SYNC to load the RUU on your phone, this is how I did it with no issues.
    Did that delete the data as has been reported?
    08-09-2011 06:42 AM
    I have not received it yet and when I go to settings and wireless update it checks then says my phone is up to date?? Any idea when everyone will have it? I am on Long Island, NY.
    08-09-2011 07:24 AM
    Got the update yesterday...so far no issues but the real test will be battery as I will run my phone on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (like I always do) to see how long I can go. I normally go 4 hours before I have to plug in.
    08-09-2011 07:45 AM
    Can someone please confirm for me that netflix still works on gingerbread. I'm using the apk that was posted on these forums not too long ago.
    I also did the Netflix side load and it is working with my new update so far!
    08-09-2011 07:58 AM
    I live in columbia mo and I got the update as soon as the story was posted on this site. I only had to go to wifi updates and it was there. However, my wife has an inspire as well and she hasn't gotten it yet either. She bought hers in southern missouri though so maybe that had something to do with it.
    08-09-2011 08:08 AM
    Does anyone know of any ICS update news. I love the small changes made with GB but I was just wondering if there were any rumors about how ICS was goind to be pushed out. I figure it'll debut on the nexus line as always and then to other new releases. Just wondering if they will push it back to devices releases in early 2011.
    08-09-2011 08:13 AM
    I live in columbia mo and I got the update as soon as the story was posted on this site. I only had to go to wifi updates and it was there. However, my wife has an inspire as well and she hasn't gotten it yet either. She bought hers in southern missouri though so maybe that had something to do with it.
    I live in Columbia, and bought my Inspire here. Maybe the update is being rolled out by IMEI # (just a guess).
    I'm now checking HTC update more frequently than Google+,Gmail, and Facebook combined. LOL
    I did download it to my PC but I really don't feel like going through the whole setup again.
    08-09-2011 09:22 AM
102 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD