06-15-2017 04:58 AM
41 12
tools
    rooting is just software. there is a procedure to unroot if you really need to return a device because of hardware. I waited a bit before rooting but then I thought back over all the phones I have had and not once have I returned a device because of software.
    hmmmmm interesting
    08-30-2011 10:46 PM
    I contacted HTC and they are aware of the various problems and say they're working on a patch that they'll be sending out. Seems like they rushed the update out without making sure it was fully functioning.
    Cool! Thanks for the update.
    08-30-2011 10:47 PM
    Create a new contact w/ your phone number and send that contact a text.
    09-01-2011 08:15 PM
    You can do the same thing by importing that contact into your profile...
    09-02-2011 08:23 PM
    You can do the same thing by importing that contact into your profile...
    What do you mean?
    09-07-2011 06:21 PM
    Easy fix that worked for me.

Go in and copy all your contacts that sync with your Yahoo, FB, Google, etc. to your sim card. In your people list, uncheck your view sim contacts. (So you won't show all your contacts twice.)

Go back in to view your texts. It should now match your texts with the contacts on your sim. Oddly it seems to not see your Yahoo, FB, Google, etc. contacts' names when a text comes in. So it shows the number.

Can anyone verify this temp. fix for me?
    09-08-2011 09:32 PM
    no, i don't sync with anything but Google and have no contacts on my sim...
    09-08-2011 10:05 PM
    no, i don't sync with anything but Google and have no contacts on my sim...
    Right, i'm saying copy all your contacts to your sim, then check your messages.
    09-08-2011 10:26 PM
    Another thing that works is to just use Handcent as your messaging app.
    09-09-2011 08:35 AM
    Right, i'm saying copy all your contacts to your sim, then check your messages.
    I will try this in a little bit
    09-10-2011 03:55 PM
    Well this worked for me...for one day... After I had to turn the phone on (from it turning itself off...again) the messages went back to numbers only, with contacts on my SIM card.
    09-12-2011 08:35 PM
    As I posted in another thread, there are a few things you can do to temporarily bring the names up. There is no true fix. You can use a third party app, but I don't like those. They look like they are geared towards teenagers. It is not unreasonable to expect the stock messaging app to function as it should.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
    09-13-2011 07:22 AM
    Can you give the step by step process on how to copy the contacts to the sim card?
    09-17-2011 10:06 PM
    I tried your suggestion but nothing. Yesterday the way I fixed it was by deleting a contact from my Contacts and then adding them again...and it worked.

But today with a friend I tried it and nothing. All sort of ways. The odd thing is now his name will not come out any sort of way even though I have his number saved.

I click his number (thats blue) and it brings me to a screen that on the top says "Verify the phone number" and then it has a space with a number and an X all the way to the right.
    with the options "Call" "Send Message" and "Open Contact" below....

Any idea if maybe I have to do something here?
    I have the same problem....... all I do is click open contact and it brings up the persons name. then click the back button and the name will appear instead of the number. If you delete the tewxt thread you will have to do it again.
    09-30-2011 03:44 PM
    I have found that if you have a email also saved for the contact and it says "primary" beside it...once i deleted the email info and saved it no more number was found by the name in my text conversation list. Also un-link from Facebook helps to.
    03-09-2012 08:14 AM
    I contacted HTC and they are aware of the various problems and say they're working on a patch that they'll be sending out. Seems like they rushed the update out without making sure it was fully functioning.
    I had the same problem and also had a missing keyboard!
    I worked out it is because for that one contact i had a few different contact links save in their details (Google, icloud, messenger, ect). so i selected that contact i had problems with then i selected settings and selected manage links. I deleted one of those links and it fixed all my problems.. no need to pull battery out.
    06-15-2017 04:58 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD