Cant send SMS after Gingerbread update - sometimes (oy...)

ac0x

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Seems that for some numbers, when I try to send an SMS the message stays in my typing window and never sends (tho the character count resets to zero). Whats making me especially crazy is that I cant find a pattern to it...

Anyone else?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Same here...and my other friend who has an Inspire...REALLY pissing me off...Good to know it is not just me...but really sucks. I don't call everyone all the time, mostly text. Wonder how fast they will fix this problem....Can't wait to get a new blackberry.....ha.

ac0x

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok now this is whacky... I installed Handcent, sent some test texts successfully, and now the stock SMS app works too ... even after uninstalling Handcent... Go figure...

ac0x

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I dont have any contacts saved on my SIM, and I do use the Facebook app but the problem was occuring on contacts that both were and were not syncd to fb.

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I dont have any contacts saved on my SIM, and I do use the Facebook app but the problem was occuring on contacts that both were and were not syncd to fb.

The reason I asked is that my wife has had the same problem as you mention above. The facebook app has caused her problems since before the ota gb update. The only contacts that seemed to transmit sms properly after the update were those in the sim.

I do not use the facebook app and I save all my contacts to the sim card and I have not had a problem.

ac0x

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Well seems that the successful sending of an SMS message with Handcent seems to have "shaken this loose" in the stock app. Hopefully Ill be OK at this point

K Bear

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had random SMS issues since the update. I use Handcent as well. My messages will randomly state failed, then go through. I had an issue as well with Facebook, but that has since been resolved with the Facebook update.

illmojo

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking for a better solution for the same problem, I am unable to message certain contacts. I was able to fix this issue by deleting the contact and recreating the contacts. In case the particular steps I took are needed I'll list them below. I'm guessing the problem exists for more than just the 2 contacts I've found so far. If anyone else finds a blanket solution to fix all contacts without deleting recreating I'd love to know about it.

1. delete contact
2. text contacts full phone number 15555555555 (11 digit number)
3. after text was successfully sent click and hold message from text window, add to contacts.

hope this helps someone else.

Reactions: Jonneh