Downgrade Back To Working 1.84 ROM

Wild Child

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Many are having multiple issues with the current update from at&t...This being said...JSLEnterprises released a downgrade package/tutorial that I was messing with and was able to downgrade back to the stock 1.84 ROM without incident....I figured for those who dont want to void their warranty by rooting the device or are not as proficient, this may come in handy.
Link for package/files/instructions just to return to stock 1.84... Downgrade Hope this will help some...

Whats included:

HTC ACE TOOLKIT (Courtesy of JSLEnterprises)
SimpleGoldCard_v1 (Courtesy of Nelify)
PD98IMG.zip (1.84 Stock Firmware)
Instructions text

If any questions please feel free to ask....

Regards,
WC

P.S. If you do not feel comfortable trying this on your own,I have already fixed mine and a couple more users phones via remote accessing and walking them through it from the HTC Community Forum...If you need help send me a private message...(do not post here)...with your msn messenger contact name or your yahoo contact name,actually be logged into the messaging app and Ill add you to my contacts list and we can get you back to a fully working phone....

Last edited:

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unsure of where to post this....

Uh this voids the warranty as well. If on froyo and you call in the first thing they will say is upgrade...

Wild Child

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

Actually a temp root does not void the warranty...only enables to flash stock rom as per my instructions,if someone decides to go further with whats provided then THAT will void the warranty....

Regards,
WC

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

No... Straight from the warranty center... From a warranry perapective rolling back voids the warranty. Believe me i went ballistic when i called in looking for the original ruu and was told this. Countless 4 letter words were yelled. :)

Wild Child

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

No where in their equipment policy is this said,sounds to.me like you got a dick@place you called,i spoke to them today regarding returning the phone@att and htc and was told if i didnt want to wait for the fix being worked on,att teir tech said we could start the warranty replacement process right then and there.....buddy of mine works for att and this isnt to hos knowledge either...so we can agree to disagree on this one..either way its a way to get back to stock 1.84 and a usable rom and still have a locked bootloader/radio etc. which definitely voids warranty. All this procedure does is trick the phone into thinking theres a lower build 1.32 on it which enables the flashing of the 1.84 ROM....Which is completely stock and their software...

Regards,
WC

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
No... Straight from the warranty center... From a warranry perapective rolling back voids the warranty. Believe me i went ballistic when i called in looking for the original ruu and was told this. Countless 4 letter words were yelled. :)

What about peeps that refuse to accept the upgrade and stay on Froyo, are you saying their warranty is voided? How would they even know someone upgraded and rolled back vs not applying the update at all? Besides calling them and letting them know you did it.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

There is a way to tell if the device has ever had the load (from the device itself and from some of our other internal tools).

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
There is a way to tell if the device has ever had the load (from the device itself and from some of our other internal tools).

Care to give some details? Otherwise, I'm calling BS. S-on, a full wipe, and flash a stock ruu, good to go.

Wild Child

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

Ok this isnt what this thread was for....in any event...its a software temp root, does not s-off the device,does not do anything to the hardware...Please keep this thread for what its meant for...helping others...Thanks

WC

sharksfan7

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

I know nothing regarding the technical aspects of installing ROMs or the inner workings of these phones, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question....Just before I got the OTA update I downloaded the Gingerbread RUU off of the HTC website. I was told that running that from my PC would completely wipe my phone and install GB. So I'm wondering, why wouldn't just running a Froyo RUU in the same fashion work to downgrade?...Perhaps I'm comparing it to doing a clean install of an OS on a PC and I guess they don't work the same way....If it matters, I've never rooted my phone.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I know nothing regarding the technical aspects of installing ROMs or the inner workings of these phones, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question....Just before I got the OTA update I downloaded the Gingerbread RUU off of the HTC website. I was told that running that from my PC would completely wipe my phone and install GB. So I'm wondering, why wouldn't just running a Froyo RUU in the same fashion work to downgrade?...Perhaps I'm comparing it to doing a clean install of an OS on a PC and I guess they don't work the same way....If it matters, I've never rooted my phone.

Nope, can't do that non rooted, only upgrade. This is why the method the op posts requires temp root. The method I posted is for perma root. And yes, flashing a ruu does do a full wipe.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Not that I am for returning any device for a software issue but cs will tell you to update if you call in. I would suspect that very few members if forums like this one ever call cs for problems outside of account stuff. Just be aware if and when that time comes...

captkinn

May 16, 2011
Visit site

I would like to down grade my Inspire any help would be great. After the update my wifi hot spot quit (contact att blablabla) I never will update again!

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Simple workaround for that by creating a new APN if that is the only issue you are having.

Atomicpunk

May 29, 2011
Visit site
My phone worked much better on froyo. Since the update, the processor speed seems slower, my gps takes forever to connect, the browser and some programs that used to work perfectly will close for no reason at odd times. I am new to Android and was amazed with the phone when I first got it, but if HTC does not come to with a fix soon, I am tempted to go back to Blackberry.