Worse than bricked: totally dead

oldmike#AC

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Phone working fine this morning. Just looked at it and the screen is dead, no response to anything. Plugged in charger; no LED indicating power connected. Removed and reinserted battery; nothing. So I can't do a hard restart because none of the buttons are doing anything. Tried with charger connected and battery removed too; nothing.

The Architect

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I had that happen at only 3 days old. It was completly random. I called my wife when I left work.. all was fine. Tried to check my wunderlist... dead... D. E. D. DED.

I had it replaced under warranty.

oldmike#AC

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Turned out the phone really was hammered. Only six months old, so sent to ATT store, they sent me to a local repair spot of theirs, and they swapped it on the spot. With all my apps, calendar, contacts, etc, being via Google, all I had to do was resetup my ID and login and in minutes everything was reinstalled, updated, etc. Pretty slick.

The Architect

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The google sync is great. swapped devices, and all my contacts & calendars were synced before I walked back to my office.

How did you get the apps to reinstall? I had to redo each one manually.

Also, my old device still shows under my android market account on the market website. Do you know of anyway to remove it?

blessedswine

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
The google sync is great. swapped devices, and all my contacts & calendars were synced before I walked back to my office.

How did you get the apps to reinstall? I had to redo each one manually.

Also, my old device still shows under my android market account on the market website. Do you know of anyway to remove it?
i believe it removes itself after 90 days but i could be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles