syncing contacts problem

ttlphotography

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
i have a weird issue here. i have all my contacts in my primary google acct and had them sync to my phone. all was working along fine and as its supposed to.
i then tried the google 2 step authenticator process and went thru all that setup and all worked as it was supposed to.
I recently removed the 2 step authentication process as putting it in place was more of a "lets see how it works" kinda deal.
Well, i have removed the authenticator app from my phone and have gone to the appropriate google website and have removed and reset all the settings regarding the 2 step authentication process.
I have also powered down my phone and powered it back on.
But here is where the problem occurs. My contacts are in the phone, but when i go to the acct/sync page in the settings on the phone, it tells me that the contacts for the acct linked to the phone is "having a problem and will be back shortly". well, thats been 4 days now. all other info attached to that acct is syncing fine. its just the contacts that i have in my primary google acct that wont sync now.

So is there something on the phone that i need to do to clear out any potential remaining stuff from the authentication stuff or should the removal of all that from the google acct setup on the web take care of that?

Basically, something isnt cleared or working right or i havent removed something i need to to clear this road block, but im at a loss as to what.

I have an HTC Inspire 4g-stock, never been rooted if that makes any difference.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
The best way I found to fix this is to export Google contacts on the phone to the SD card, transfer this vcf file to the PC, delete all contacts from Google on the PC in the web browser, import contacts back to Google from the vcf file.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: ttlphotography

ttlphotography

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
tried this process 1st and seemed to work.

Go to menu>settings>applications>manage applications>contacts storage and then push the "clear data" button. Then resync.

As a disclaimer, its probably a good idea to backup your contacts before doing this process so that in case something goes wrong, you have a copy of what is in your phone or in your primary google acct contacts list.