GPS after Gingerbread

alent1234

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
mine has been crappy on froyo and a little better on GB. and i'm in NYC with towers everywhere. i thought it was the inspire or AT&T but then i got a droid pro for a work phone and it's crap on google nav as well. all my problems seem to be in google navigation and not maps. in maps i can usually get my location quick.

makes me think this is a google nav bug. it's so bad it's a joke for my wife when the phone says GPS signal lost. she has an iphone 4

A kick $180 a month to AT&T and i came up for an upgrade after 6 months with my inspire so it's a new SGS 2 for me or a new iphone 5. thinking of going back to iphone and just buy tomtom or navigon which downloads all the maps to the phone

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes I am sure. If the change is negative you can change it back. All that means is your dev is able to se the weaker signals.

TCF

Sep 1, 2011
twitter.com
I tried it today in my car. I found that it only locked on to the cell towers unless my phone was on the dashboard with no metal in its way. They really mean it when HTC says you need a clear view of the sky for the GPS to work.

mandar_h

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
+1

I never had GPS lock problem with Froyo. But with GB i've stated experiencing problems with locking GPS signal at the same usual places i've been visiting.

Does GB implement GPS handling differently that Froyo?

CutRiteFX

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
It seems that the GPS on this phone does not seem to work that good anyway. I noticed that it takes longer to find gps signal if it even does. Most of the time I get the attached photo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois