Speedtest today showed must faster. Charlotte NC

CutRiteFX

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I randomly do speed tests to see if AT&T is going to get off their axx and speed things up. I mean after all they keep selling you on their ads that say 4G speeds and are calling this phone a 4G.
The norm has been around 3kbps.

You can see just before I almost got 6000kbps down I had it around 3587. I just changed servers to a closer one. I have not seen these speeds like this on AT&T since I got the phone on launch day.

I would imagine that other people are getting faster speeds but this is the fastest that I have seen in Charlotte NC area without being on wifi.

Have attached a screenshot of the results. Hopefully this was not a fluke..
Scotty
CutRiteFX.com
Vinyl Vehicle Graphics

Last edited:

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I mean after all they keep selling you on their ads that say 4G speeds and are calling this phone a 4G.
The norm has been around 3kbps.

You mean 3Mbps (it shows that in your picture), 3kbps would time out. The first modem I ever had (20 years ago) was 14.4kbps.
The phone is a "4g" phone, but it really is a 3.5G phone.
In Jacksonville, FL I get around 3Mbps using speedtest.net.

CutRiteFX

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
You mean 3Mbps (it shows that in your picture), 3kbps would time out. The first modem I ever had (20 years ago) was 14.4kbps.
The phone is a "4g" phone, but it really is a 3.5G phone.
In Jacksonville, FL I get around 3Mbps using speedtest.net.

I am with ya on that. I started with 9600 US Robotics external modem then went to 14.4 then 57.6 then ended up getting 2 of them connecting together which would give me around 70..

In my photo it shows 3587 Kbps. I just short handed and said 3kbps

I really wish they would not call this a 4G phone when it's just using their enhanced back haul.