Gingerbread for Inspire; Massive failure. Yes or No?

JoshuaExline

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
My phone is a glitchy mess now. While it had some minor aggravating problems prior to the Update it was nothing like this.

Now the question is; has AT&T or HTC offered ANYTHING in the way of support/advice/'we know it's buggy and we're working to fix it"? I am getting more and more frustrated, to the point that I'm about to switch back to my Blackberry Bold 9700 that had a habit of randomly rebooting and/or completely kicking me off the cell network for no reason what so ever.

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Did you try to install the update cleanly (using HTC sync and the RUU file)? It wipes your files, but many are stored on the cloud.

I haven't heard of any major problems except with text messaging, and you can use a 3rd party app to solve that.

JoshuaExline

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Did you try to install the update cleanly (using HTC sync and the RUU file)? It wipes your files, but many are stored on the cloud.

I haven't heard of any major problems except with text messaging, and you can use a 3rd party app to solve that.
It did the OTA update. I have no idea what the RUU file is.

Problems I'm having;
Random freezing
the text messaging issue(s)
touch screen deciding not to work
noticeably slower/bogged down data speed and/or page loading in the browser (doesn't matter what browser I use - stock or aftermarket)
none of the improved battery life I kept reading about from various fellow inspire users.
intermittent lag when I try to do, well, anything.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Now the question is; has AT&T or HTC offered ANYTHING in the way of support/advice/'we know it's buggy and we're working to fix it"?

Well, have you contacted HTC tech support, or are you waiting for them to contact you? When I contacted them, they replied that they "are aware of the problems with the recent software update and are working with AT&T to get them resolved". That was about a month ago. I'm going to contact them again and ask for a status update. I also posted both here and on HTC's Inspire forum urging people to contact HTC tech support. The more people filing complaints, the better!

I know it's nice to think that they monitor these forums, and see all the people complaining, but they don't.

BTW - except for the messaging app problem (which I solved by switching to Handcent) I haven't had any problems with Gingerbread that I didn't have before (random lagging/occasional app freezes).

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
It did the OTA update. I have no idea what the RUU file is.

The RUU is the file on the HTC support page for the Inspire. This is the stock 2.3.3 ROM and will wipe all your data. You need to install HTC Sync on the computer to run the RUU file.
This could help fix your issues and note using GoSMS or Handcent will fix the texts right now.

notorious1538

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The RUU is the file on the HTC support page for the Inspire. This is the stock 2.3.3 ROM and will wipe all your data. You need to install HTC Sync on the computer to run the RUU file.
This could help fix your issues and note using GoSMS or Handcent will fix the texts right now.

I did this a week or week and a half after I got the update because of the issues I was having. It was fine for a couple days, then the issues started resurfacing. This made me extremely frustrated and pushed me to the point of wanting to root (I've always been curious about it, but never had a real reason to want to try it.) I did it, and let's just say, I haven't looked back. I am still boggled by how a company can release an update that completely borks the phone's software. Oh well.

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I believe it was a failure!! I have written and talked to the HTC peeps and all the suggested i do (for the text messaging issues) was get Gosms which i did! I am disappointed that so many people have issues with this phone since gingerbread and nothing is being done! I gave up my iPhone for this phone and until the Gingerbread update i loved my inspire! Now its just a piece of glitchy !

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I have had no problems at all since the update.

I just traded my son the iPhone 4S I bought for his Inspire, had the Atrix before that, really like this phone. Did a system restore and all updates and this phone is great. I love the larger screen and htc sense. Happy with the switch

nicholasdejohn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
My phone seems to be running like crap lately. Phone is always freezing up, lagging when trying to maneuver through apps and so forth. I'm actually no impressed with this phone. I've called AT&T and HTC and neither of them want to help. I'm hoping a new update will come out soon that will correct some of the issues. Anyone else having trouble?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar