Screen goes Dark...

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I lock my phone and hear the "clicking noise" it makes when it does so...so the screen goes dark like normal. But then when I press the button on top of the phone to turn it back on so I can unlock it and try to use it the screen stays Dark (off). The Home, Menu, Back, and Search lights all turn on on the bottom but the screen is off..I touch the screen, press the buttons but nothing makes the screen come back to life even though the Home, Menu Back and Search buttons are lit up like if the screen were......the only way to solve this is restarting my phone...

has anyone else experienced this problem if so any tips/ideas on the solution?

This has happened a couple times already.

bduran727

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine does that too at least twice every day since the GB update, if you let it sit a couple of minutes, it will come back on.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine does that too at least twice every day since the GB update, if you let it sit a couple of minutes, it will come back on.

So just give it a couple mins without messing with it, try again and it will work?

It worries me because I am expecting important calls this week and I dont want it to be dark when it rings and not be able to answer or somethin...

bduran727

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
*it just happened to me right now*

I noticed that when I turn my screen on and go to unlock the phone, the screen wont respond. When I turn it off , and back on, the screen stays dark.

I'm having a lot of problems right now (see my just posted Wifi thread) so I'm on the verge of factory resetting my phone.

almarsh78

May 20, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me multiple times since the GB update as well. I have done a factory reset, but it still happens every now and then. The only way I can correct it is with a battery pull.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me multiple times since the GB update as well. I have done a factory reset, but it still happens every now and then. The only way I can correct it is with a battery pull.

It has happened to me in a couple days...I wonder if there is something I (we) do that makes it happen....like you the only way I can fix it is with a battery pull.