App Market

danlib21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
So I had to get a new Inspire about a month ago because my previous one had multiple problems which the AT&T service center found when i brought it to them. But since i got my new one the app market hasn't updated to the new one. I know i could install the APK but i kinda want to see how long it takes. Has anyone else still not gotten the update?

sharksfan7

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the same market app that was on the phone when I got it in early August. Stayed the same when I updated to GB. Not exactly sure if this is the new one but I'm assuming it's not. When I test drove CoreDroid for a bit a couple of weeks ago, the market app was different. I actually didn't like it at all. So if that's the new one I'm fine if mine never updates. As long as it keeps working, that is.

melemail410

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the same market app that was on the phone when I got it in early August. Stayed the same when I updated to GB. Not exactly sure if this is the new one but I'm assuming it's not. When I test drove CoreDroid for a bit a couple of weeks ago, the market app was different. I actually didn't like it at all. So if that's the new one I'm fine if mine never updates. As long as it keeps working, that is.

ATT "updated"my firmware, and my market reverted back to the original one. I like the older one too.

crimsonsky

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering about this as well, but I'm not concerned as long as the old one works. I've had my Inspire about 6 weeks and the lack of the "new" market doesn't bother me. I do find it ironic though that both the Captivate and the LG Phoenix that I have on two of my other lines both have the new market and they're older phones. Go figure.

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
You can load the new market yourself by finding the 3.1.5 apk file. The old market should still be working if you don't care to upgrade. My market updated OTA without me doing anything.

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
He said he doesn't want to install the apk. After my market changed i reverted back to the old market anyway. Much quicker & doesn't have the bugs the new market has :')

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay