Cant get past boot screen

corey246

May 19, 2011
Visit site
So my phone keeps starting up to a HBOOT screen. It wont let me use the volume buttons or power button once on this screen. So I cant select any of the options. I have no clue what to do, any help?

This started right after a battery pull. I put the battery back in and got this problem.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the volume rocker is stuck. If it is, I haven't seen a fix for this. Your best bet would be to exchange it. I think it is a poor design to have the battery cover right over the volume rocker.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like u have a PDIMG.zip on the root of ur sd. U need to use ur cpu or a file explorer app to delete that file or it won't boot past hboot screen. Turn the phone off, take the sd card out & boot into hboot. U should then be able to use ur rocker to boot into recovery, then after it accepts it, but right before the recovery menu loads, pop the sd back in then you'll be back in recovery & do ur recovery or boot into your rom or whatever your doing & get that file off the root of your sd! :') Or you could always use a card reader to delete that file as well. Hope this helped

Last edited:

danara17

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
does anyone know to how to help me get my phone working back to normal? its stuck on the hboot screen and does nothing and when itry to recover it just show a red triangle with an exclamation point

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Ouch you mite of bricked it and did you delete the dalvic cache?? Try going into clock work do a factory reset and a dalvic cache clean mite help

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
doesn't triangle with exclamation point usually just mean recovery image is missing? Couldn't you just push one with adb? Not convinced it's bricked

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Yea that to try the power button vol down go to recovery and load a rom that's known to to work also do a factory reset and wipe the dalvic it should do the trick I hope I jelped and I didn't think of that strabo good advice

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yea that to try the power button vol down go to recovery and load a rom that's known to to work also do a factory reset and wipe the dalvic it should do the trick I hope I jelped and I didn't think of that strabo good advice

Actually now that I reread what I posted, sound kinda rude. Didn't intend for it to come out that way. Sorry about that