ATT should refund/replace all Inspire...aweful

jlm86

May 7, 2011
Visit site
i work with lots of professional collegues, and NONE have all this crap we read about in the Inspire forums..
Battery life is not acceptable, ATT/HTC know the design is failure, and should make available repayment or compensation...

My wife has IPHONE 4S, and MUST take my lumps and say her phone outperforms mine in most areas..
Not all, but many, especially just plain usability..

Running around with multiple batteries, backup power packs, plugging into outlets whenever i can, just plain rediculous..

ATT is sending a new replacement today from all my complaining, but i am completely confident the new Inspire will have the same issues....

jgould

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
All I'm going to say about this is that most smart phones have horrible battery life, I still only need to plug in my phone at the end of a work day so that it will run until bed time. I tend to not kill my phone even though the battery will get really low (>10%)

The only phone I've ever run that's had really good battery life was my BlackBerry 9700. My wife has to charge her iPhone 3GS at least twice a day...

To say that AT&T needs to replace (or refund the money for) every Inspire that has been sold is absurd.

Where is your source that says that AT&T/HTC knew that this design was a failure? Also, how is the phone not usable? Mine has been usable from day 1...

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
My phone has been very usable since I got it Feb 27th. It is even more usable now that it is rooted, and has been since Thanksgiving.

Sent from my Android Revolution HD powered HTC Inspire using Tapatalk

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Clearly Android isn't for you.
I've had an Inspire since release (my wife has used it since the GSII came out) and haven't had one issue with it.
I'm a HEAVY user, so battery drain is normal for me. That said, while the Inspire would only last a few hours during heavy use, it charged super fast..a lot faster then my Galaxy SII.

Not sure how you claim the device is a failure, we've never experienced any issues. Maybe I bought the only flawless model..
Battery life on these phones are a common complaint, not sure what you expect.

ednygma

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have to say that I agree. I do NOT like my AT&T HTC Inspire. I got it back in May and almost immediately disliked it. First of all you have to invent a Gmail account (I don't find Gmail user-friendly either so I don't use it) but I had to create a Gmail account. Then SOMEHOW, and I don't even know how, it imported all my Facebook friends (phone numbers, etc.) I don't use Facebook that way, I only use it to play the games and for that they make you friend strangers, so I have all these strangers in my phone and called several of them by accident!
I could not figure out how to erase these contacts and took the phone in to AT&T and they couldn't erase them either! So, I"m stuck with these people in my phone and I feel like that in itself is an intrusion of privacy. I shouldn't have these people's information.

But, they won't let me upgrade my phone again until sometime next year. I'm stuck with it. The sad thing is I THOUGHT I really wanted an HTC. I was wrong and can't wait to go back to either LG or Samsung phones.

I am not thrilled with my HTC Inspire either. I am on my second unit after a warranty return when the screen quit working. That being said, I think that it does, during setup, ask you if you want to import your Facebook contacts and sync them in one of the steps. You can back up your phone, reset it to factory and then start all over and tell it no. That will remove your fb friends from your contacts.

Good luck.

Last edited:

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
From my experiance with my inspire along with ny customers the only way to have those contacts pop up is to sign into facebook which you can easily skip during setup. Every smart phone I've sold and set up for the customer has been similar. If you don't like it I suggest basic phones for you. It is nothing that HTC does.

bduran727

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree, the Inspire is a buggy POS, I'm seriously considering buying a iPhone 4 off craiglist, this phone has turned me off of Android.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Requiring a Gmail acct is not unique to the Inspire or HTC devices, but is needed for any Android device for which you want access to the market.

I agree, it's lame, but you don't have to use Gmail or any other Google service on that acct if you don't want to. Other mobile platforms have a similar requirement.

And everytime I log into FB, I see an option to sync contacts, and I always opt out. Maybe your FB contacts got synced with the Gmail acct. If so, you'd need to disable syncing contacts on for that acct, and you'd also need to delete each one from the Google acct if you don't want them there, either.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Go into the contacts options and unchecked "Sync Facebook", problem solved.
As for requiring a Gmail account..it's better than signing up for itunes.. Not sure how much more simple and "user friendly" Gmail could get. My 10 year old can figure it out..

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Inspire since it came out and I have not had problems with it. Besides the damn battery door getting lose a couple times, the software has been fine. The phone never freezes, it is fast and responsive and the only knock on it (like it is on many smartphones) is the battery life. I like this phone and am going to keep it for a while. Atleast till Blackberry comes out with something that doesnt look like it came out 5 years ago. I miss real keys instead of touch

RigelX

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I was prepared fro dismal battery life after all the research I did before buying my first smart phone.
While longer battery life woul dalways be preferable, I was pleasantly surprised.
Had my Inspire for 10 months and have had no complaints whatsoever.

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't understand all the Inspire hate, it's a great device considering its a year old.
Build quality is good, signal strength is good, battery is good (for a smart phone) plus it charges pretty fast. It run 2.3+ without a hitch. What more could you want?

I think the ones complaining are either new to smartphones or Android altogether and are just frustrated at the experience. If that's the case, iphone is the device for you, just turn it on and forget about it.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't understand all the Inspire hate, it's a great device considering its a year old.
Build quality is good, signal strength is good, battery is good (for a smart phone) plus it charges pretty fast. It run 2.3+ without a hitch. What more could you want?

I think the ones complaining are either new to smartphones or Android altogether and are just frustrated at the experience. If that's the case, iphone is the device for you, just turn it on and forget about it.

I don't get it either. I've had no problems whatsoever with this phone...its still fast as hell and has a great dev community. As far as the iPhone user goes, I guess some people just aren't tech savvy enough to handle Android :p

fubaracing7374

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I agree, the Inspire is a buggy POS, I'm seriously considering buying a iPhone 4 off craiglist, this phone has turned me off of Android.

Had an Inspire before my Thunderbolt, don't let a POS phone ruin your experience of the entire OS.

Sent from my Skyraider Zeus'd Thunderbolt

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Root, Root, Root, then add a stable ROM like ClearDroid. It's similar in appearance to the stock ROM and the AT&T bloatware is gone, This greatly improves the battery life. My battery last longer than my co-workers iPhone that has been jail broke and I use mine more then he uses his.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz