Doin the AT&T update for the inspire.

bentnail

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I have waited awhile before applying the update to my phone that is out there. Any issues I should be aware of? Otherwise I am thinking of updating it in a week or so.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Unless they fixed it, and I haven't heard any word that they have, I think the most complained about issue is that contact information is not working in the stock messaging app. For example, if someone that is in your contacts texts you, it will only show their number, like they're not in your contacts. This doesn't affect 3rd party messaging apps, though.

bentnail

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Thank you....so sounds like I what I have been reading is, leave it as it was...do not upgrade it....although...Rooting does sound alittle better....

Thank you

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Thank you....so sounds like I what I have been reading is, leave it as it was...do not upgrade it....although...Rooting does sound alittle better....

Thank you

Rooting is a lot better, but only do it if and when you're completely comfortable with what is entailed in doing it.

The Architect

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The contact/phone number text message issue is not a big deal. It happens every once in a while. Usually closing and re-opening the messaging app fixes it. Certainly isn't worth not updating over. As others have said... third party text app don't seem to be affected.