Screen freezes sometimes after waking up, have to do a hard reset

faceless007

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if anyone else has been having this problem. Sometimes after I wake up the phone, the screen will simply not respond to any touches at all and no buttons will work, even though I see the unlock screen. If I try putting it back to sleep and then waking it again, the screen won't turn on at all (although the 4 buttons will be lit). Calling my phone, it will ring but the screen will stay off. The only fix I've found is to pull the battery cover off to force a hard reset, which of course takes about 5 minutes. It so annoying when this happens. Anyone else know what might be causing this? It seems to happen randomly, maybe once a week or so.

It's not rooted or flashed, I'm using AT&T's Gingerbread update.

bduran727

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Screen freezes sometimes after waking up, have to do a hard r

Mine does it at least four times a week, it it so annoying. Not rooted, this started when gingerbread update came.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

It's not rooted or flashed, I'm using AT&T's Gingerbread update.

Yeah, that Gingerbread update had quite a few problems. You could try reinstalling the update. I don't know if that would help. Best advice I could give is to give rooting some serious thought. There are plenty of stable ROMS out there. If you like stock HTC look with Sense, there are a few good ones.

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site

Technically that is not a hard reset -- which would result in the loss of all personal data.

This same thing happens to my wife's phone although much less frequently than you seem to experience. As mentioned above it seems to be related to the hard press power on from the 2.3.3 update.

I suspect it may be due to a sticky power button related to poor quality control from HTC.

12-SEDUCE-12

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm experiencing the same lack of response/screen freezing on me...but only when battery gets low. I find that when I get back up to around a 35% charge,it will start to respond to my touch again.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

Yea the Ginger bread update has a few buggy lines if code in it now that I rooted and went to CyanogenMod. I'm getting atleast 20 percent better battery life I can listen to music at full volume for over 10 hours and still have 20 percent battery left I used to have that problem but not anymore at&t has alotvof their bloat ware. As system apps so you can't get rid of them but its the bloat ware running in the back ground all the time that robs battery slows down the phone and makes conflicting code as they are system apps meaning it freezes. As the ram is. So over loaded and the scorpion chipset is lagging I get impressive bench marks with cyanogen and I can play both need for speed hot persute and shift no lagging graphics look amazing this is a powerful phone for a single core I assure you you need to root it

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae