4.0 update ??

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Hasn't been announced yet for the Inspire, but it has for the Desire HD, which is pretty much our twin. If it's up to AT&T, I don't think we'll officially get it. But hey, there's always rooting:D

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I get it too. how we can solve this problem ? and, are there differents between rooting "desire hd" and "inspire 4g" ? can we use desire hd roms ?

You'll need to find a rom ported to the inspire. The majority of the desire HD roms have been.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
can you suggest a link how to root my inspire ( video is better) ? my android is 2.3.3 gingerbread.

is it easy to root ?

edit: I use win7 64bit

[TOOL] Advanced ACE Hack Kit (13012012) - xda-developers

Be sure to read and follow ALL the instructions. You cannot take shortcuts on this, or you may screw up your phone. Also, the videos that are out there are outdated. This is the only reliable way to root.

manicalchemist

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
[TOOL] Advanced ACE Hack Kit (13012012) - xda-developers

Be sure to read and follow ALL the instructions. You cannot take shortcuts on this, or you may screw up your phone. Also, the videos that are out there are outdated. This is the only reliable way to root.

This is by far the fastest, easiest way to root your phone. I had my phone rooted in less that 5 minutes...Unrooting is quick and painless as well.
if your looking for an ICS Rom, go check out The XDA Developers forums.
The Collective just upped a sweet ICS rom [ROM/MOD][The Collective] Ascension v1.0A2-b1 ICS AOSP 2/19/2012 - xda-developers

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
when i rooted my phone how will i install CynogenMod. is it like installing apk ?

Typically flashing instructions are given in the thread for the ROM. The best advice I can give you would be to do as much reading as possible to make sure you are comfortable with what you're doing. If it seems overwhelming than maybe rooting and flashing rom's isn't for you. Which is ok.

Before I rooted my EVO 4G I did 2-3 days of reading threads on here and XDA before I tried. That way I was comfortable with what I was doing. Because of the reading I did I knew how to tackle some of the more common problems ahead of time and wasn't pulling my hair out when I had an issue.

Hope that helps.

randyw

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
This is by far the fastest, easiest way to root your phone. I had my phone rooted in less that 5 minutes...Unrooting is quick and painless as well.
if your looking for an ICS Rom, go check out The XDA Developers forums.
The Collective just upped a sweet ICS rom [ROM/MOD][The Collective] Ascension v1.0A2-b1 ICS AOSP 2/19/2012 - xda-developers
Ace is the way to go for Rooting. And there are a number of Great ICS roms for the Inspire. But remember that these are Alpha and Beta roms and not everything works and there are bugs. The Ascention rom is nice and so is asopX which the Ascention rom is based on.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ace is the way to go for Rooting. And there are a number of Great ICS roms for the Inspire. But remember that these are Alpha and Beta roms and not everything works and there are bugs. The Ascention rom is nice and so is asopX which the Ascention rom is based on.

I had issues with ascension. Rebooted randomly 4 timed in an hour. Aospx has issues, but seems more stable.

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering, HTC announced at mwc that all sense 4.0 would have beats audio. Does that mean that the Inspire when updated to ICS would have the software version of beats?

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering, HTC announced at mwc that all sense 4.0 would have beats audio. Does that mean that the Inspire when updated to ICS would have the software version of beats?

Beats software on the inspire sucks. I've used it on several inspire roms. My suggestion, look up PowerAmp on the market. Its amazing and sounds better than beats ever will on the inspire.

I got your 10 char right here

Rocking bacon...ics style

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Well it all depends on people opinion but I thought beats was a life saver. My only compliant is the increased CPU useage. Luckily I can oc to 1.5 GHz so no problem there...

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I am waiting for someone to create a ICS sense 4 Rom that will be stable on our inspires. That would be better than anything HTC or AT&T would give us because we can delete the bloat ware apps.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I am waiting for someone to create a ICS sense 4 Rom that will be stable on our inspires. That would be better than anything HTC or AT&T would give us because we can delete the bloat ware apps.

Once the DesireHD gets ICS (and I would assume Sense 4) the devs will be hot on it. I am interested in this also. Just wondering when the DHD update will come.