I rooted my Inspire awhile ago, uninstalled all the bloatware & now I'm considering flashing the Android Revolution HD ROM, primarily because I like the stock HTC Sense look & this ROM is based on GB 2.3.5, which our phones didn't get (we got 2.3.3). Biggest feature of 2.3.5 I want are the improvements in the camera software. So, my question is, how significant are those improvements? Is it really that great?

On another note, aside from performance enhancements with most custom ROMs, I can't really see any other reason to flash custom ROMs, unless you're looking for a specific functionality that it offers, like I am with the camera enhancements. Especially since you can install a launcher like Go or ADW & change the look to match some of these ROMS (tried them both, BTW, and still prefer Sense).

Thoughts?
    02-17-2012 09:15 AM
    There are so many ROMs out there, especially for the Inspire. I researched quite a few of them and decided on ARHD also because I like Sense. For those that don't, well, that why there are so many. And they all have their different tweaks. Yes, you can install a launcher, but that's just adding more junk to your phone. The more memory you have free the better.
    02-17-2012 04:32 PM
    You'll like Android Revolution as a sense based Rom. Me, well I'm a ROM junkie so I change ROMs often. Right now, I'm loving CoreDroid HD because of it's eye candy. Also, its colors used are pleasant to my eye. So, try the Revolution ROM, you'll enjoy it. If you want to try a kitchen ROM, try CoreDroid HD.

Sent using CoreDroid HD V9.3!
    02-19-2012 11:10 PM
    Well, so I went ahead & flashed ARHD 6.3.2, along with the radio for it. Camera functionality is definitely improved, especially in low light. This ROM is very responsive, fast & just overall well done. Still haven't made up my mind about Sense 3.0, though. A lot of eye candy, but I do miss the unlock in the old Sense.
    02-22-2012 01:16 PM
    Yea I went with cm7 cyanogen is amazing NT its not e eryones cup of tea but it helps my battery life a lot I mean if I leave my headphones in I can get 10 hours of Pandora over wifi and still have 25 percent battery granted the screen isn't really on much but still that blew my mind the stable mod I am on is based off I'd TB 3.u.u so there's some security patches and what not its stable its a good solid build and for you I suggest rom tool box but some of the features you need a lil research on
    03-12-2012 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD