1. bduran727's Avatar
    Hey everyone, I have AT&T U-Verse internet here at my house and the last couple days my phone will not connect to it. It finds the network and just keeps on the "Obtaining IP Address from _____". This has happened multiple times the last couple months but now it won't get on at all. The only thing that sometimes fixes it is a reset of the router.

    Also, my iPod Touch and my brother's iPhone sometimes does this but not nearly as much as my phone.

    Any help,tips, tricks, etc to help with this?
    02-29-2012 08:21 PM
  2. Nelimungous's Avatar
    It's a uverse issue. Happens once in a while. It just happened to me today. I do have an Inspire but we also have netbooks and iphones around and they weren't working either. I went into the uverse main box via the web browser and changed the channel for wifi. I changed it to 10 and saved it. all the devices connected right away. There may be conflicts with others in your area that have the service also. Your router by default is probably set to AUTO for the channel. Try changing it to 10 or 11. There are instructions on the web to do this.
    02-29-2012 09:15 PM
  3. bduran727's Avatar
    It's a uverse issue. Happens once in a while. It just happened to me today. I do have an Inspire but we also have netbooks and iphones around and they weren't working either. I went into the uverse main box via the web browser and changed the channel for wifi. I changed it to 10 and saved it. all the devices connected right away. There may be conflicts with others in your area that have the service also. Your router by default is probably set to AUTO for the channel. Try changing it to 10 or 11. There are instructions on the web to do this.
    Thank You, I will be trying this. The funny thing is it's only the iPhones and Android phones. My Dad's Windows Phone has no problem whatsoever.
    02-29-2012 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD