Google Play market update

Qun Mang

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone received the market update to Google Play? I never received the last market update so I don't have my hopes up here. I did try to check for AT&T updates but that hasn't worked since installing Gingerbread- always shows "server unavailable."

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the "updates found" notifiaction. When I tapped it, the Google Play terms of service came up. I accepted and then nothing happened. I opened the market app, everything was the same. I actually saw a screenshot of Google Play, and except for it having the new Google Play icon where the Market icon used to be, it was the same.

markoujk

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i got the apk file. it says google play now but i don't have the movies tab on the market home screen. not sure why?

Qun Mang

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and downloaded the .apk, but I'm not so sure I want to install it. Still running 2.3.4, the original installed market app.

plhewitt

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
well the inspire isnt listed in the supported devices, which i will never understand how the desire hd is always listed and the inspire isnt.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
i got the apk file. it says google play now but i don't have the movies tab on the market home screen. not sure why?

we never had the google movies google movies has been a part of the market since last year but for some reason the inspire isnt a supported device

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
i got mine the day it was announced maby because im rooted and running cyanogen i have no idea but it dose make it better and faster for the ota updates from google

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
At this point, I don't see that there's much difference than before, but maybe things will slowly start to change.

Qun Mang

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I finally decided to just install the .apk and the upgrade went fine. No movie tab of course but I have no desire to watch movies on a tiny inspire screen anyway- more for tablet users I suppose.

Today it refused to run. I rebooted, still wouldn't run. Uninstalled. Back to market 2.3.4. Oh, well. I suppose if I really want to take advantage of the $0.49 and $0.25 apps I can always load google play in my browser.

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Google purposely isn't updating the inspire 4g market becuase its still trying to fix the problem with google movies. This was about 6 months ago. They probably forgot about it.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Not rooted.
I just manually updated to Google Play Store using the apk - no movies here either.

However, the odd thing.
Remember back in August when Gingerbread came out?
I got the GB OTA update and immediately after got an Android Market Update to the new format OTA as well.
At that point .... I DID have a Movies tab. Rented a movie from Android Market. Watched it on the Inspire.

A few weeks later for the heck of it I factory reset the phone.
Old Market came back. New Market never was offered to me again.

And now when I finally get around to updating Market to G Store - no Movies.

kmodek

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I never got the new Google play icon, its still the Market icon & takes me to the old market, which is ok with me since I won't use anything in the store except apps. Just haven't figured out why this happened.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Delete market data and cache it'll reset the market and it'll update it settings>applications>running applications>find the market and touch it and then wipe data and cache open the market should update it:)

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
just go to http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...3bZFYZAiA&sig2=YqKQgiPDvwoonz0PvQJBWA&cad=rja and click the download tab and then use a qr code scanner app and scann the code shown on the screen it will bring up a link on your phone once you press it the download will start automatically, did it on my inspire everything works perfect.

Thanks for the info on the new Google Play update, but this thread was originally discussing the switch from the old Appstore to Google Play.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci