Google music manager

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi there most people don't know about this but there is a Google play music manager available for download on your computer ^_^
http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1229970

That's the do site its cross plat form and you can download all your purchased google play music onto your desktop or laptop even dare I say it server?? Just thought I would spread the news ;)
Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yep, this is how most people get their music onto their Google Music account ;)

It's been available since the beginning of Google Music.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Lol ik but this is for the noobies that don't know lmfao I've been using it to download all my music to my comp Google just do sent advertise it much

bumpandrun

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes when I rip a CD I get the error "Only version 11 of Windows Media Player is Supported" and it doesn't upload all the songs. For instance I just ripped Train's Save Me San Franciso and only songs 1, 2, 3, 5, 9, and 12 uploaded. They all play fine in Media Player. I have Win7 which came with WMP12. Do I have to go backwards to 11 to use the Music Manager?

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm idk where dis you set tour download path to?? I got mine set to the music folder and I had to as always tweak the search in the media player if you got it in a random folder as the download path that's to be expected but hmmm intreating

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

bumpandrun

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I do have a different path set as my music folder (different drive). It is set in Media Player and my music automatically rips to it. I can't tell Music Manager to look for that drive, it just uses the Media Player settings.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm then if it uses the media player settings then go to the media player settings by clicking the drop down menu under the all media tab and go to settings check the box advanced settings and see if you can get your drive on it and then click update and it should update :)

Hustletron

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Everytime I try to run the installer it says the installer encountered a server side error please try again.

No error code and when I click more info it takes me to a generic google support page saying it encountered an error but they don't know what kind of error.

Any ideas? Anyone else run into this lately?

Kind of annoying since Amazon deleted all my music when they switched to the 250 free songs only model.

GoogleMusicPlayerInstallError.jpg

Screenshot of the error.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Everytime I try to run the installer it says the installer encountered a server side error please try again.

No error code and when I click more info it takes me to a generic google support page saying it encountered an error but they don't know what kind of error.

Any ideas? Anyone else run into this lately?

Kind of annoying since Amazon deleted all my music when they switched to the 250 free songs only model.

View attachment 37250

Screenshot of the error.

I have no idea hmm are you downloading Google music or Google play? If its Google music then that's y they redid it so the server do sent recognise that file anymore would be my guest you gotta get the play music if that's what your going for then I have no idea I'm stomped try on a diff computer maybe your DNS isn't quite rite there's a lot of things hmm

RavageTheEarth

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It's the upload manager from here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...le.com/music/listen#manager_pl&token=2OZuODGj

My DNS should be fine since I'm using dynamic settings. I'm stumped as well, especially since there's no error specific to my machine and I also cannot find any support on this particular error on the web .

I get the same error using windows 7 on my laptop I have had no problems downloading things with this computer. I am trying to download google play so I can stream songs from my computer through my android agh so aggravating. ANY SOLUTIONS???

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm wait 32 bit or 64? I'm running 32 vista ik ik BS software week the horror of being poor:( but still maybe that has something to do with it if its written for 32 64 won't work

SpyglassSally

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I also am getting the server side error message when trying to install Play Music on my computer. A couple of days ago I started getting two Play icons in my tray (Windows 7 64 bit) and I couldn't figure out why. So this morning I uninstalled it and when I downloaded the manager to reinstall, I can't! Keep getting the error message.

I've emailed support. If I find anything out I'll let you know.

SpyglassSally

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I just heard back from Google support and I don't think they even read my message! It's basically a cut & paste of what Play's requirements are, to turn off your security (which I told them I did) and where to go to download it and reinstall it.

Nothing in the message addressed the fact that it was installed & working, except for the two icons in my tray, but now gives me the Server error message when I try to run the exe and reinstall it.

Very disappointing and leaves me still wondering what I'm supposed to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL