No signal for 18 hrs now. Reset itself to 1980

Amy Powell

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
My phone was working fine, when all of a sudden it lost all signal and reset itself to January 1980. It wouldn't recognize the time and date and continues to have no signal in places I have always had signal in the past. I have restarted it. Turned it off and turned it on. Took out the battery and SD card and put them back in. Anything else I can do?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
You sound like you downloaded a malicious app or something. I experienced the same thing with a Motorola Droid 2, although switching ROMs didn't help either.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
And you should back up your apps, contacts, and text message, and then try a factory reset.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
She didn't say she downloaded anything so let's ask her..... Amy did you download or install an app 18 hrs prior to this happening?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm just doing my debug job, that is all. The original owner of the phone I was talking about said she got a virus and since then, it would do 1980 and make the apps read as if they have been on for 100,000+ hours. I put CM7 and it fixed it. Sort of. And since I modded an Inspire 4G/Desire HD, I can help, I just need to find out the preceding events leading up to it.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm just doing my debug job, that is all. The original owner of the phone I was talking about said she got a virus and since then, it would do 1980 and make the apps read as if they have been on for 100,000+ hours. I put CM7 and it fixed it. Sort of. And since I modded an Inspire 4G/Desire HD, I can help, I just need to find out the preceding events leading up to it.

Ok I had that issue once turned out I burned my SIM card. So go to an at&t store and get a new SIM. Now there is a good anti virus by caspersky. It got rid of my root kit virus on my computer.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....com/store/search?q=kasper+sky&token=fiCVyLEd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome