Release Date..

Loiselle

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of when it comes out, I have to wait until May 28 when I am eligible for an upgrade.

I've been an iPhone user since April of 2008 with the original, then the 3G in June of 2008, then the 3GS in December of 2009. I was unimpressed by the iPhone 4, and I'm growing sick and tired of iTunes. Since AT&T is FINALLY getting an Android device comparable to the EVO on Sprint, I've decided that now is the time to leave the iPhone.

AZAndroid

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of when it comes out, I have to wait until May 28 when I am eligible for an upgrade.

I've been an iPhone user since April of 2008 with the original, then the 3G in June of 2008, then the 3GS in December of 2009. I was unimpressed by the iPhone 4, and I'm growing sick and tired of iTunes. Since AT&T is FINALLY getting an Android device comparable to the EVO on Sprint, I've decided that now is the time to leave the iPhone.

Ouuuuuch. Atleast you know Android is better and are looking to switch. You'll be overly happy. Its gonna be like going from a Nintendo Wii to a Playstation 3. The wii is fun but easy and aimed at kids and you cant do to much with it, where as the 3 has much more capabilities and is just overall a much more technical device.

Damn I feel for you

Loiselle

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I am expecting this to go through FCC in the upcoming weeks, and to be released by end of February, early March. Also expecting to be in the usual sweetspot of $199.99 for 2 years.

No brainer for me, it's going to be my first Android Smartphone.

AZAndroid

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I honestly dont care what it costs. I dont even know if it went through the FCC yet.

I could be and probably am wrong, but I could have sworn that I heard rumors about the Desire HD going through the FCC a while back, or a phone just like it. Which is exactly what were getting with the Inspire 4G. Like I said, im probably off on that one, but I know I read a rumor somewhere atleast about it

Anyone know?

I just hope it comes out faster than March. That would blow

bbdub

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I called at&t this morning and said that I saw a picture of it on their site so I wanted to know when it would be available. She looked through some paperwork and said that the only date listed was first quarter. Looks like it will launch around the same time as the Thunderbolt. My contract with at&t is up so now I need to decide Inspire or Tbolt on Verizon.

AZAndroid

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I agree.. March-ish..
Daaaaaaamn it

That sucks

I guess we should expect that will the Atrix coming out sooner rather than later. Seems like AT&T is going the Verizon route and trying to improve their relationship with Motorola. They'll probably release the Atrix right around the same time the iPhone4 breaks for the big red to give some people something to think about. I just hope the Inspire comes shortly after rather than a month or two after lol

Who else is excited about this phone? It looks way better than the T-Bolt IYAM, and the new Sense is going to be awesome. Dual core would be nice but my single core captivate is pretty fast and now I get the option of an HTC 4.3.. I know im excited

AndreaCristiano#AC

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Any reason you picked Feb 13? Just a random guess, or do you have some info backing that date?

well mt good friend works as the manager at best buy mobile and his AT&T REP said one of these two phones either the inspire or the atrix was getting that release date and the other march 1st now that it seems likely that the atrix is getting march 1st that leaves the 13th open for the inspire

CutRiteFX

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I would think they would release the Inspire when the iPhone releases with Verizon. I think this would stop people jumping to another carrier.

I am so ready to dump this iPhone and get the Inspire. The only reason I have not left AT&T already is I have 5 phones with them which is kind of hard to leave and they know it.

Last edited:

flaw101

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I am due for an upgrade March 15th. Hopefully the Inspire comes out around then. I am tired of the iPhone as well. I was going to get a Captivate but decided to hold off for the new wave of phones.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if im wrong, but:
Is int this phone way worse than the Atrix?

~Significantly lower resolution display
~Less and inferior RAM
~MUCH Less processing power (1 A8 vs 2 A9s)
~Less storage space
~Looks the same as evo (been out since july and needs an update)
~No finger print scanner
~No HDMI output
....The list goes on....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers