sd cards

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes, it will unmount but that has happened maybe four times in a year.

My point exaclty.

Even using the built in HD video recording will be a problem if you put a crappy class 2 card in, It's not designed for fast enough read/write to support anything HD.

I wouldn't use the word crappy, necessarily, they do a good job of storing pictures and music. But you make a great point that if you want to shoot 720p videos with your phone...

Loiselle

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
If you click on the link that Loiselle posted, notice next to SanDisk there is a 2 inside of a C... this is a class 2 card. I would hesitate to go lower than a class 4, but that's just me. Some newer phones (Not all and usaually not HTC) have trouble mounting anything less that a 4.

This is a Class 4 device branded as Class 2. SanDisk recently re-certified from what I was reading in reviews.

I ran a benchmark, and they are NOT Class 2 speeds at all.

I will link you to the SDHC wiki page.

The benchmark I ran on my "Class 2" SanDisk 32GB SDHC card... benched at a Class 4.

Win for me. I'll be just fine.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
This is a Class 4 device branded as Class 2. SanDisk recently re-certified from what I was reading in reviews.

I ran a benchmark, and they are NOT Class 2 speeds at all.

I will link you to the SDHC wiki page.

The benchmark I ran on my "Class 2" SanDisk 32GB SDHC card... benched at a Class 4.

Win for me. I'll be just fine.

I still would not buy anything less than class ten so it would be future prof for my next phone.

Loiselle

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I still would not buy anything less than class ten so it would be future prof for my next phone.

Well, I couldn't afford a Class 10 card. I went with 32GB so I could have all of my music on it. Not for recording HD video. I hardly record anything on my iPhone anyways. I just want o have all of my music on there.

If I had my way, I would have bought a 32GB Class 10 card... but alas, I couldn't... I have to live within my means.

crea78

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Just purchased the Lexar 32GB Class 10 micro SDHC from Amazon. They say it is in stock which is great. Got the free shipping so I have to wait a little longer but that is OK.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I went with 32GB so I could have all of my music on it. Not for recording HD video. I hardly record anything on my iPhone anyways. I just want o have all of my music on there.

A class 4 is more than enough to make him happy in this situation. Save that money for something you NEED, young man!!!

If something crazy happens and you absolutely need to record a 720p vid, I would save it to internal memory though, just in case...

Last edited:

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
A class 4 is more than enough to make her happy in this situation. Save that money for something you NEED, young lady!!!

If something crazy happens and you absolutely need to record a 720p vid, I would save it to internal memory though, just in case...

This was my thinking too when I got my Class 4 32GB card. I'll mainly use it for pics and music.

Loiselle

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
A class 4 is more than enough to make her happy in this situation. Save that money for something you NEED, young lady!!!

HER?!? YOUNG LADY?!? What are you talking about? I'm a 30 year male from Detroit!

Last edited:

mj0528

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
just got an email confirmation from Amazon that I will be getting my new class 10 lexar 32gb sd card on Monday instead of the end of the month. Just in time!

Blanco720

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Cool to see more ppl are getting the Lexar micro SDHC card. Not cheap but should be well worth the price :)

I just dropped 100 bones on the Sedio Innocase II for me and my wife, a belt clip, and 2 screen protectors. But then again, the phone is only 100. So for the price of an off contract phone, Im getting 2 and all these accesories!

Thank you very much, ATT cancellations department ROFL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85