To get a 4G phone, you must sacrifice your UNLIMITED plan?!

TripperGetem

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
So, is it true that if you buy a 4G phone that your grandfathered Unlimited data will have to be removed?

If so, that will be the ONLY reason I WONT buy this phone.

Anyone know for sure or is it just rumors?

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
So, is it true that if you buy a 4G phone that your grandfathered Unlimited data will have to be removed?

If so, that will be the ONLY reason I WONT buy this phone.

Anyone know for sure or is it just rumors?

Nope, that is not true. It all depends mostly on where you buy it. If you buy it from Costco their system won't allow them to keep you on it. If you buy it from an "official" AT&T store or from them on the phone, they will be able to keep you on your grandfathered unlimited. I would just buy it from them directly from them to be assured I was keeping my grandfathered unlimited plan.

Last edited:

TripperGetem

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Yeah I plan on buying it this week at AT&T. But I wasn't going to buy it if they were taking away my grandfathered unlimited. I read something about it wouldn't be offered somewhere on Android Central, not on the forums either.

Staticpunk84

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
like Zerorilix said either form the att store or you can go to a best buy and get it their also..either way if you were on a unlimited data plan around jun 7th 2010 then your good.

_berver

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the point in having a smartphone if I don't have unlimited data. I hit 3-4 GB a month taking it easy. I used 5 GB in december and january. I checked the data calculator on at&ts website and it is possible to stay under 2 GB but only if you don't listen to pandora radio, no streaming video (bye YouTube!), turn off emails (or limit them), keep a count of how many webpages you visit a day and you can forget downloading anything. Honestly, I don't see the point. If I have to be on wifi, I'll just use my iPad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma