Does anyone's network say HSPA+ yet?

nate2569

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have read the posts here and see how people are so confused. "4G" is a standard and nothing more. AT&T and Verizon call different technologies "4G". Verizons is LTE where as AT&T and T-mobile use HSPA+. Sprint uses completely different standard but either way when AT&T goes to LTE it will be on the 700mhz band so if your device does not have the 700 band you are wasting your time even hoping to have LTE or getting the LTE SIM.

I'm not going to get into the HSPA+ talks but it will be noticeably faster soon enough. Just be patient.

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have read the posts here and see how people are so confused. "4G" is a standard and nothing more. AT&T and Verizon call different technologies "4G". Verizons is LTE where as AT&T and T-mobile use HSPA+. Sprint uses completely different standard but either way when AT&T goes to LTE it will be on the 700mhz band so if your device does not have the 700 band you are wasting your time even hoping to have LTE or getting the LTE SIM.

I'm not going to get into the HSPA+ talks but it will be noticeably faster soon enough. Just be patient.

I agree, which looks to be end of March, or end of May.

alent1234

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

hspa+ is not 4g but part of the 3gpp spec which means it's 3g. it's just updated every year to be faster

verizon's LTE is technically part of the 3gpp spec and they now use SIM cards like everyone else. people say that LTE is like 3.9G where HSPA and HSPA+ is around 3.5G. LTE made some big protocol changes in how the phone communicates with the network for easier transition to a real 4G network down the road